c_ville is offline Associate Member

Bit of a problem

It doesn't look like I will be able to frequently go to the gym for the next 4 months or so. It is likely I will only be able to get a chance to go 2 times a week as my schedule is dictating. This is pretty ****ty seeing as summer is coming. The two days I get a chance to go to the gym, I will cover legs, chest and arms. The problem I am challenged with is how to train my back and shoulders from the comfort of my home. Ab training isn't a problem for training at home.

I own a very limited set of equipment.. which includes a decline sit up bench, two 7.5lb ankle weights, a treadmill, and two 25lb dumbbells.

To give an indication of strength (more of lack of), my max bicep curl for 10 reps is 30 lbs, dumbbell press for 10 reps is 55lbs (per hand ) and military press is 40 lbs for 12 reps. Yes, those numbers aren't overly impressive for an 18 year old male who weighs in the neighbourhood of 163-165lbs with a relatively low bf% (I would estimate between 9-12%).

I have cleaned my diet up to a level I believed to be nearly ridiculous previous to doing so. Basically, it looks like the one in the 'lean mass diet sticky', but it is pretty hard to follow religiously while I am at school. I eat clean, but I find it very hard to eat what the facts point to as enough. I am taking in about 210 grams of protein per day.

I was just wondering if any of you guys can give any suggestions as to what I can do at home with what I have. My goal is to weigh about 178-180 by the end of the year (might be do-able if I can get some sort of gain these 4 months). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Important thing is your eating habits cutting out junk(cheating is okay once a week) proper nutrient dense foods. Concentrate on mostly compound movements like deads,squats, incline bb/db presses and straight bar curls. Make sure you have a understanding of those exercises and use a personal trainer if you have too. Lack of experience you should not do them but only after you know and get your body more condition prior.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I would have to with a total body workout if I could only train twice a week.

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the suggestions, bluethunder and Hypertrophy. I'm going to hit every muscle group within the two days a week I can make it to the gym and try and keep up / eat a little more with the diet.

Thread Information