savagemaniac is offline New Member

Please Help!!!!!

Hey guys
    I have always gotten great advice from you guys and this time I really need your help.
    Over the course of the last three to four months I have gone through a lot , dont worry I will make it short . Lost my job in Oct and then got into horrible accident right after, left me in comma for 2 days. Prior to this incident I had been working out for 1 1/2 years and doing really well.Having my ligaments and muscles torn in my arms and leg made it virtually impossible to work out, to make matters worse I stopped eating properly due to the fact that I had no time , I was working 2 jobs and didnt have any time to make my own meals so fast food was the only solution . I have since gained a lot of weight (FAT) and lost a lot of muscle leaving me very depressed
    I now have a stable job again and feeling a heck a lot better so I wanna start fresh again so I cleaned up my diet. The help that Im asking for is workout? The main thing for me is loosing the excess lbs that I gained cause I still can't lift anything too heavy , so what would you recomend as far as cardio??? I use the treadmill but what else can I do without straining myself?
    thanx guys

doby48 is offline Female Member
    It depends a lot on what is still bothering you, and what kinds of motion or limited motion you have. I would suggest starting lifting very light now to work on your ROM but don't over do it, keep the weight light so that you are not straining yourself. After a shoulder injury I had to take some time off and starting with light weight exercises along with cardio helped me get back into it.

Lots of different cardio excercises you can do depending on how you feel. Stationary bike is my favorite but I'm a cyclist so that goes without saying. Stairmaster is a good one too but that depends on the ROM you have quite a bit. Probably your best cardio though will be something like an Eliptical.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

savagemaniac is offline New Member
    Is there any other advice anyone can give me?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I would first go to your Dr., as there may be contraindications to exercise with your injuries?? If so, exercising may only worsen your condition. However, first thing would be to have full ROM in all your joints. Second, take the info from doby48 post and start light and gradually work yourself into a resistance training program. If an exercise hurts, either modify it or do NOT do it. Going light will also let you concentrate and get your form dialed in. Bikes/Ellipticals/Treadmills are good for cardio. However, since you cannot lift heavy (which means the stimulus for muscle growth/maintenance will be low) monitor your HR when doing cardio. Remember,
    "It is not where you start, it's where you finish."
    Best of Luck

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    working out takes time, it doesnt happen over night, just stick with it or train lightly until your 100%. best of luck to you

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Start out with all machines for a while after docs okay. Then progress to free weights lightly. Stop with any sharp hard pains. Good luck it will happen.

Thread Information