quaker48 is offline Associate Member

really need some good information, i need your help!!!!!!

okay i play college football heres are basic workout- Mon's. and fri's- bench,power cleans, squats,military press, ground base lat. pulls- these are core lifts with 3 sets, the last set is to positive failure. reps change every for weeks and are based on %'s. the other lifts we do on this day are longbar bicep curls, and tricep exstions. for 2 sets a piece and the last to positive failure. then we do leg curls and exstions cav press, neck machine for 1 set to positve failure.tues. thurs-off.wen. this manily are power day doing explosive movements for 2 sets of 10, every for 4 weeks we will add a set and the reps will go down. the lifts we do are lunges,jammer press, shrugg pulls, dips, chin ups, jammer rotation.My questions is would like do some extra tri's bi's and chest work later in the evening, all my workouts are done at 630 in the am, so i was gonna do the extra work around 4 or 5 and on mon's and fri's. also on my off days i was gonna do a hitt type of cardio 1st thing in the am on empty stomach. my deit will be in check, will these be over training??? also will i lose strength by doing the cardio???

quaker48 is offline Associate Member
    help please

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Rest man, you don't need that extra work.

You will over-train if you hit the same bodypart areas in the evening that you taxed in the a.m., yes.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    You will only limit your performance by doing the extra work in the evening. Do what the strength coach has periodized for you, for there is a reason he is a strength coach. Also, I have done research on concurrent strength and endurance training. Endurance training/cardio has a negative impact on strength. So, yes, your strength will suffer due to the added cardio sessions. I would focus totally on performance, not looks, because your main goal right now is to be a football player, not a bodybuilder.
    Good Luck~

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Muscles grow when youre resting... not while youre working out.

What Position do you play?
    I coach at the High School level and I am going to post a work-out plan/idea
    from a 2 time consensus All-AMerican, Lombardi Award Finalist, and NFL Lineman. 2 Super Bowl rings by the way. He's a friend o mine. Take what ya want and leave the rest I have attached my resume should an opportunity arise where they need some credentials. I have trained for years in and out of football, and had a L4/L5 Spinal Fusion with Lamenectomy. I have mastered the science of training the correct way to prevent injury during the training and during battle in football, with what is called Neutral Spine stabilization technique during all exertion.

Here it is; maybe you can get me on as the strength and frickin conditioning coach: $25 bucks is my fee, and that is cheap. I'll send you an invoice. Thank you.

First Two weeks: 1 440, 2 220's and 5 100's-I need to find the time constraints, but I know the rest periods-rest 3 minutes after the 440, 90 seconds between the 220's, 3 minutes after the 220's and 60 seconds between the 100's.

Next Two Weeks: 3 220's with 90 seconds in between, then rest 3 minutes before 8 100's with 60 second rest in between each one.

Next Two Weeks: 8 100's with 60 seconds between each one, rest 3 minutes, then do 10 50's with 45 seconds between each one

Next Two Weeks: 8 50's with 45 seconds between each one, rest 3 minutes, then 10 40's with 30 seconds between each one

Next Two Weeks: 10 40's with 30 seconds between each one, 12 15 yard get-offs out of stance with 20 seconds between each one staying low and exploding

Next Two Weeks: 10 15 yard get-offs with 20 seconds between each, 12 lateral movement get-offs out of stance, staying low and directing to the football which coach points either up field, left or right. Defensive lineman must be able two control a gap and also run laterally down the line of scrimmage.

These drills, called interval training with football in mind, encompasses endurance, stamina, conditioning, and technique in the final stages, and should be done twice a week. Normal cardio if these kids have stationary bikes, mountain bikes or unicycles (just kidding) should be done without distance running because it can be done on a bike without putting pressure on the knees and spine. They will get enough abuse to the body running on the track in the initial stages of the interval training.

Note: Weight lifting should be 4-6 days a week with Body Parts Chest and Tri's, Shoulders and Legs, Back and Bicep, and should be done in a neutral spine position at all times. Forget the frickin cleans, dead lifts and squats. As long as they are doing from 12 at the start to 5 for power towards the end on each exercise and do 3 or 4 exercises for each body part, they will get strong. If they only go 4 days a week, combine shoulders with Chest and Tri's and Legs with back and Biceps. If they are doing that long of a workout they should be drinking Carbo-Plex during this workout and definitely a good Protein Drink along with food afterward. The Most important exercises for the Defensive Down-Lineman are Leg Press, Bench Press with pauses after stretching well, and Close Grip, and of course abs-oblique development which should all be done Neutral-Spine. Use nothing that hyper-extends or hyper-flexes the spine; keep the gluts (ass cheeks tight at all times while in an exercise and eventually the abs and spine will become totally neutral without even thinking about it. Always flatten the spine after tightening the gluts at the start of an exercise.

Deads, Squats and Cleans are fine if done PROPERLY. Still a great deal of pressure on the spine.

Good Luck.......

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    What Position do you play?
    I coach at the High School level and I am going to post a work-out plan/idea
    from a 2 time consensus All-AMerican, Lombardi Award Finalist, and NFL Lineman. 2 Super Bowl rings by the way. He's a friend o mine. Take what ya want and leave the rest I have attached my resume should an opportunity arise where they need some credentials. I have trained for years in and out of football, and had a L4/L5 Spinal Fusion with Lamenectomy. I have mastered the science of training the correct way to prevent injury during the training and during battle in football, with what is called Neutral Spine stabilization technique during all exertion.

Here it is; maybe you can get me on as the strength and frickin conditioning coach: $25 bucks is my fee, and that is cheap. I'll send you an invoice. Thank you.

First Two weeks: 1 440, 2 220's and 5 100's-I need to find the time constraints, but I know the rest periods-rest 3 minutes after the 440, 90 seconds between the 220's, 3 minutes after the 220's and 60 seconds between the 100's.

Next Two Weeks: 3 220's with 90 seconds in between, then rest 3 minutes before 8 100's with 60 second rest in between each one.

Next Two Weeks: 8 100's with 60 seconds between each one, rest 3 minutes, then do 10 50's with 45 seconds between each one

Next Two Weeks: 8 50's with 45 seconds between each one, rest 3 minutes, then 10 40's with 30 seconds between each one

Next Two Weeks: 10 40's with 30 seconds between each one, 12 15 yard get-offs out of stance with 20 seconds between each one staying low and exploding

Next Two Weeks: 10 15 yard get-offs with 20 seconds between each, 12 lateral movement get-offs out of stance, staying low and directing to the football which coach points either up field, left or right. Defensive lineman must be able two control a gap and also run laterally down the line of scrimmage.

These drills, called interval training with football in mind, encompasses endurance, stamina, conditioning, and technique in the final stages, and should be done twice a week. Normal cardio if these kids have stationary bikes, mountain bikes or unicycles (just kidding) should be done without distance running because it can be done on a bike without putting pressure on the knees and spine. They will get enough abuse to the body running on the track in the initial stages of the interval training.

Note: Weight lifting should be 4-6 days a week with Body Parts Chest and Tri's, Shoulders and Legs, Back and Bicep, and should be done in a neutral spine position at all times. Forget the frickin cleans, dead lifts and squats. As long as they are doing from 12 at the start to 5 for power towards the end on each exercise and do 3 or 4 exercises for each body part, they will get strong. If they only go 4 days a week, combine shoulders with Chest and Tri's and Legs with back and Biceps. If they are doing that long of a workout they should be drinking Carbo-Plex during this workout and definitely a good Protein Drink along with food afterward. The Most important exercises for the Defensive Down-Lineman are Leg Press, Bench Press with pauses after stretching well, and Close Grip, and of course abs-oblique development which should all be done Neutral-Spine. Use nothing that hyper-extends or hyper-flexes the spine; keep the gluts (ass cheeks tight at all times while in an exercise and eventually the abs and spine will become totally neutral without even thinking about it. Always flatten the spine after tightening the gluts at the start of an exercise.

Deads, Squats and Cleans are fine if done PROPERLY. Still a great deal of pressure on the spine.

Good Luck.......

great info MrMondodondo

Thread Information