Thread: Contest Cutting

phwSSJ is offline Banned

Contest Cutting

I am not sure where exactly to put this thread so I thought this would be the best place.

I just want to share with yall a secret us MMA fighters use for making weight, it might help for contest prep.

You see, a lot of fighters try to cut up to 20 lbs a week before they weigh in for a fight. Most of that weight is water obviously. Well it gets really hard to train and not get any muscle cramps or pulls when cutting the weight and then rehydrating fast enough to to perform in competition.
    The answer is Pedialite. Ya its the stuff a baby drinks when they get the runs or something like that. Its very low in sugar and helps cut way down on muscle cramps so you can still do some training to cut weight. It doesnt make you gain weight. The best flavor is grape, the rest taste nasty! I have even heard of pro football players drinking some on game day! It is really good for getting the cells what they need without too much fluid.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i used to do that during wrestling season.

or the alternative is to drink some draino and have your stomach pumped at ER

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    I hope you are joking about draino, I wouldnt be surprized if you weren't cuz I have heard of guys giving themselves enimas and laxitives and all other crazy stuff to cut weight!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Swole Cat has a sodium deprevation thing to cut for contest. I forget what it actually is but its like a week or so w/ TONS of salt. Like puttin bullion cubes in your water several times a day. Then suddenly cut to no salt in your diet and the water will fly off you.

mitch911 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Swole Cat has a sodium deprevation thing to cut for contest. I forget what it actually is but its like a week or so w/ TONS of salt. Like puttin bullion cubes in your water several times a day. Then suddenly cut to no salt in your diet and the water will fly off you.
    does this actually work?...

Thread Information