Thread: forearms

Natural1 is offline Associate Member

forearms

what are some good exercises for forearms, have tried and tried but cant build them.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Off the end of the bench wrist curls and standing behind the back reverse wrist curls.

Hammer curls also work very well.

~SC~

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Swole said it all and I also like lower cable rope standing on a 4" platform (makes me higher,more stretch for myself) hammers. Both arms and single work very well and concentrate on strict form keeping elbow to shoulder movement minimal.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i feel that hammer curls work real well for me thats all i do for forarms good luck bro

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    you can mix it up by holding a 45lb plate at ab/chest region and so your arms are parallel to floor and elbows are in tight while moving your wrists up and down

i usually do 60-80reps, not that many sets

Win94 is offline New Member
    Off the end of the bench wrist curls and standing behind the back reverse wrist curls.
    As usual Swolecat has the right answer. ( I am sensing a pattern with this dude)

...............if you use wrst straps for back and trap work you may want to ditch them. When i did this 6 years ago it helped my forearms and wrists immensley. I feel they weaken those areas if you depend on them too much. Maybe use the straps for only your ultra haevy sets. Just my opinion.

Swellin Guest
    I use hammers, pinwheels, and reverse grip cable curls.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I use seated preacher wrist curls instead of off the bench. Also, I think Win94 is right about the wrist straps, especially for pullups targetting the lats.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Don't use straps on your deadlifts.

Also another one that really works well (Good for the grip and forearm mass):

Go in the power cage. Put the safety bars in. Put a barbell on the safety bars. Put some plates on. Grip the barbell with a overhand grip and hold it until it falls out of your hands. Do it again with a over-under grip. Hold til' it falls. Grab with underhand grip. Hold til' it falls. This whole procedure is one set. Repeat 3 times.

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Don't use straps on your deadlifts.

Also another one that really works well (Good for the grip and forearm mass):

Go in the power cage. Put the safety bars in. Put a barbell on the safety bars. Put some plates on. Grip the barbell with a overhand grip and hold it until it falls out of your hands. Do it again with a over-under grip. Hold til' it falls. Grab with underhand grip. Hold til' it falls. This whole procedure is one set. Repeat 3 times.

Power Cage?

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Yeah... hmmmm... Looks like that:

http://www.megafitness.com/peii41-me...k-mtf0035.html

Thread Information