Thread: Cutting

FLOo is offline Associate Member

Cutting

I'm going to take a break from lifting while im cutting for about a month and half . would this have any bad effects on my muscle? like would i lose any cus i dont really have time to do cardio and lift and i wanna do my cardio about 6 days a week

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Yes you will lose muscle mass. You already lose muscle while cutting, don't lose more not training.

Make sure you keep your EAA (Essential Amino Acids) intake in check. This will help you conserve muscle mass.

Good luck

FLOo is offline Associate Member
    Ahh ok thanks bro, guess i could drop the cardio to 4 days a week and lift 3 but wont see my cuttin results as fast

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Personally, I think cutting is more a matter of diet. Cardio helps but not as much as you seem to think.

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Personally, I think cutting is more a matter of diet. Cardio helps but not as much as you seem to think.
    Absolutely.

What are some of your stats?
    how long you been at it? age/wt/bf%

Diet is THE most important factor when cutting.

If you naturally hold a low BF/ecto and bulking is difficult, adding cardio and slightly adjusting your diet will give good results. on the other hand, if you are naturally heavy/meso, you will want to pay extra attention to preserving muscle mass (large % of that will be diet), mainly because it will help keep your skin from looking loose.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLOo
    Ahh ok thanks bro, guess i could drop the cardio to 4 days a week and lift 3 but wont see my cuttin results as fast
    You won't see the weight loss as fast because your body won't be liquifying your muscle and burning it for energy.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    You won't see the weight loss as fast because your body won't be liquifying your muscle and burning it for energy.

I disagree....... if this is a person who is used to training ED or 5 days a week even switching to 3 days a week and resting more along with the cardio he could see huge changes to his physique by switching things up. If your diet is on point, I don't see why only lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio all the other days would hinder your progress at all as long as you are spreading the lifting out a day apart... like M W S and repeat..... try it and see how it works. If you need to, lift 4 days a week and only do cardio for 3.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    LMO, I agree with what you said 100%. My post was unclear because I was referring to 2 different posts.

I'm going to take a break from lifting while im cutting for about a month and half . would this have any bad effects on my muscle? like would i lose any cus i dont really have time to do cardio and lift and i wanna do my cardio about 6 days a week
    He was saying he wouldn't cut as fast on cardio x 4 days and lift x 3 days as he would on cardio x 6 days and lift x 0. My point is by dropping the weight training completely and dieting/cardio down, he would be losing muscle mass. So, if he went with option #2 (much better than option #1), he would not lose as much weight, but his body wouldn't be cannibalizing it's lean muscle either. Hope that helps.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    LMO, I agree with what you said 100%. My post was unclear because I was referring to 2 different posts.

He was saying he wouldn't cut as fast on cardio x 4 days and lift x 3 days as he would on cardio x 6 days and lift x 0. My point is by dropping the weight training completely and dieting/cardio down, he would be losing muscle mass. So, if he went with option #2 (much better than option #1), he would not lose as much weight, but his body wouldn't be cannibalizing it's lean muscle either. Hope that helps.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357

i agree

Thread Information