Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cutting

  1. #1
    FLOo is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    169

    Cutting

    I'm going to take a break from lifting while im cutting for about a month and half . would this have any bad effects on my muscle? like would i lose any cus i dont really have time to do cardio and lift and i wanna do my cardio about 6 days a week

  2. #2
    ReX357's Avatar
    ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,845
    Yes you will lose muscle mass. You already lose muscle while cutting, don't lose more not training.

    Make sure you keep your EAA (Essential Amino Acids) intake in check. This will help you conserve muscle mass.

    Good luck

  3. #3
    FLOo is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    169
    Ahh ok thanks bro, guess i could drop the cardio to 4 days a week and lift 3 but wont see my cuttin results as fast

  4. #4
    ReX357's Avatar
    ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,845
    Personally, I think cutting is more a matter of diet. Cardio helps but not as much as you seem to think.

  5. #5
    Jef-El's Avatar
    Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Personally, I think cutting is more a matter of diet. Cardio helps but not as much as you seem to think.
    Absolutely.

    What are some of your stats?
    how long you been at it? age/wt/bf%

    Diet is THE most important factor when cutting.

    If you naturally hold a low BF/ecto and bulking is difficult, adding cardio and slightly adjusting your diet will give good results. on the other hand, if you are naturally heavy/meso, you will want to pay extra attention to preserving muscle mass (large % of that will be diet), mainly because it will help keep your skin from looking loose.

  6. #6
    Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by FLOo
    Ahh ok thanks bro, guess i could drop the cardio to 4 days a week and lift 3 but wont see my cuttin results as fast
    You won't see the weight loss as fast because your body won't be liquifying your muscle and burning it for energy.

  7. #7
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    You won't see the weight loss as fast because your body won't be liquifying your muscle and burning it for energy.


    I disagree....... if this is a person who is used to training ED or 5 days a week even switching to 3 days a week and resting more along with the cardio he could see huge changes to his physique by switching things up. If your diet is on point, I don't see why only lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio all the other days would hinder your progress at all as long as you are spreading the lifting out a day apart... like M W S and repeat..... try it and see how it works. If you need to, lift 4 days a week and only do cardio for 3.

  8. #8
    Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,489
    LMO, I agree with what you said 100%. My post was unclear because I was referring to 2 different posts.

    #1
    Quote Originally Posted by FLOo
    I'm going to take a break from lifting while im cutting for about a month and half . would this have any bad effects on my muscle? like would i lose any cus i dont really have time to do cardio and lift and i wanna do my cardio about 6 days a week
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by FLOo
    Ahh ok thanks bro, guess i could drop the cardio to 4 days a week and lift 3 but wont see my cuttin results as fast
    He was saying he wouldn't cut as fast on cardio x 4 days and lift x 3 days as he would on cardio x 6 days and lift x 0. My point is by dropping the weight training completely and dieting/cardio down, he would be losing muscle mass. So, if he went with option #2 (much better than option #1), he would not lose as much weight, but his body wouldn't be cannibalizing it's lean muscle either. Hope that helps.

  9. #9
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Gotcha


    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    LMO, I agree with what you said 100%. My post was unclear because I was referring to 2 different posts.

    #1

    #2


    He was saying he wouldn't cut as fast on cardio x 4 days and lift x 3 days as he would on cardio x 6 days and lift x 0. My point is by dropping the weight training completely and dieting/cardio down, he would be losing muscle mass. So, if he went with option #2 (much better than option #1), he would not lose as much weight, but his body wouldn't be cannibalizing it's lean muscle either. Hope that helps.

  10. #10
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Personally, I think cutting is more a matter of diet. Cardio helps but not as much as you seem to think.

    i agree

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •