justin2305 is offline Senior Member

deadlift?!quick help needed

aight guys i dont no where to put my deadlift in my workout so if yall could take a look and tell me what i need to get rid of to put deads in or not get rid of to put deads in im prefering this day on my back/bi day but i have no idea on what exersise i have that i dont need so if yall could help that would be great heres my workout routine for the week thanks

Monday
    Chest:
    Cable fly’s (3 15)
    Bench (dumbbell or barbell) (1 10) (2 8) (2 6)
    Incline (dumbbell) (3 8)
    Incline fly’s (3 10)
    Dips (3 20)
    Calves:
    Donkey calve raises (2 25)
    Standing calve raises (2 25)
    Seated calve raises (2 25)

Tuesday
    Legs:
    Leg press (3 12)
    Smith machine squat (3 6)
    Lying leg curl (4 12)
    Seated let curl (4 8)
    Abs:
    Crunches (2 50)
    Lower raises (2 20)
    Mach. crunches (2 50)

Wednesday-rest

Thursday
    Shoulders:
    Dumbbell lateral raises (L-shape) (3 10)
    Dumbbell shrugs/barbell shrugs (1 10) (3 10)
    Shoulder press (2 10)
    Rear delt machine reverse pec-deck
    Triceps:
    Push downs (2 12) (2 10)
    Over-head cable extensions (2 12)
    Skull crushers (2 10)
    Close-grip bench (2 10)
    Calves:
    Donkey raises (2 25)
    Standing calve raises (2 25)
    Seated calve raises (2 25)

Friday-rest

Saturday
    Back:
    Lat pull-down (2 12) (2 10)
    Seated cable rows (3 10)
    Hyperextension (3 10)
    Wide grip chin-ups (4 6)
    Biceps:
    Barbell curl/dumbbell curl (2 10) (2 8)
    Hammer curls (3 10)
    One arm mach. curls (2 failure)
    Abs:
    Crunches (2 50)
    Lower raises (2 20)
    Mach. crunches (2 50)

Sunday - Rest

oh ya and ps: if yall would like to comment on my workout alone feel free to let me no what u think thanks

Iowa is offline Banned
    Do them first thing on your back day.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    Do them first thing on your back day.
    i was also thinking that but i have alot of back exersises and i didnt no if i should get rid of one in change for deads cuz i would think doing deads then the rest would be way to much

TheGame826 is offline Member
    your back workout looks alot like mine. I do them last on back day. I am usually so dead after doing them and thats why they are the last exercise for me.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Deads should be done 1st in your back workout so you can put maximum energy into your lift. If youre going to slack on one back exercise, deads aren't the one.

Deads, a row, and pulldowns/pullups will be more than enough for a back workout IMO. Just give it a shot. You're not going to know unless you try.

Deads should be done 1st in your back workout so you can put maximum energy into your lift. If youre going to slack on one back exercise, deads aren't the one.

Deads, a row, and pulldowns/pullups will be more than enough for a back workout IMO. Just give it a shot. You're not going to know unless you try.
    aight bro thanks ill give it a shot and see how things go thanks for all the help

justin

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

i disagree. Your back has a large number of muscle groups and therefore needs more sets/exercises than say, your chest or arms.

You've got
    lats
    traps
    erectors
    teres major
    rhomboids

that's 5 different muscles. if you're only doing three exercises, that's fewer exercises than muscles you're working.

I do deads, bent over rows, wide grip pulldowns, and then upright rows superseted with dumbell shrugs.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    i disagree. Your back has a large number of muscle groups and therefore needs more sets/exercises than say, your chest or arms.

You've got
    lats
    traps
    erectors
    teres major
    rhomboids

that's 5 different muscles. if you're only doing three exercises, that's fewer exercises than muscles you're working.

I do deads, bent over rows, wide grip pulldowns, and then upright rows superseted with dumbell shrugs.
    As far as needing more exercises to work all the muscles in your back...Deads work all those muscles and then some (ie legs/forearms/bis). If you go balls to the wall on deads, you should have a hell of a back workout. BTW, I do shrugs on back day too, so our workouts are pretty much exactly the same. We just have a different perspective on why we do what we do.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    lots of people do traps with their shoulder workouts... they can do upright rows to stimulate both the delts and the traps, and then move on to shrugs.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    lots of people do traps with their shoulder workouts... they can do upright rows to stimulate both the delts and the traps, and then move on to shrugs.
    you're going to hit your rear and medial delts on back day anyway if you do any rowing motions. I don't even have a shoulder workout... i just throw lateral raises in my chest workout.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I do my deadlifts once every two weeks and alternate between an extensive back routine one week, and solely deadlifts, rack pulls and some stiff leg deads during the other week. For me, I get better pulls and I'm not drained for my other back exercises and can put more intensity into them.

Thread Information