syd
    syd is offline Junior Member

Body Part more than once a week...

I searched awhile ago and found an article by someone who trained people with a workout that trained each body part every four or five days.

It was like a 2 day split three times a week.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by syd
    I searched awhile ago and found an article by someone who trained people with a workout that trained each body part every four or five days.

It was like a 2 day split three times a week.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    Yes. It is called DOGG CRAPP

Search for it, you have some information around here.

Also, check your PM's, I'm sending you the link to Dante's forum (Dogg Crapp workout inventor)

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    IMO and for me working smaller muscle groups twice a week spaced properly is ok alot of ppl will say no but all ppl are different and ive got the best results from it so it all depends on YOU

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Bottom line -- Muscle fiber type is going to play a big part in which mucles you can try to work twice a week. Certain muscles such as, the gastrocnemius (Calf muscle), most of the forearm muscles and i believe the traps are on average recovered by 2 days after a strenuous high intenstiy session for those muscle groups. BTW the biceps, even though they are a small muscle group (like those above) still need time to recover and are not the same fiber type as the faster recovering muscle groups. The big, powerful & massive muscle groups, such as back/legs, will take longer to recover than the smaller groups, such as calves/traps, who recover relatively quickly in a day or two depending on how stimulated the muscle was from the workout.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    The best thing you can do to learn how to increase your performance is to look around and read up about training routines, such as western bloc and DC, and learn as much as you can about physiology and neuromechanical kinesiology to help you understand what you should be feeling in your body (from hormonal adaptations, to cardiac adaptations, to respiratory system, to the CNS adaptations) with weight training. Also a strong education in kinesiology will greatly help improve your gains by understanding what exercises use certain anatomical movements and what muscles those exercises place stress on. As i've learned more and more about training principles, nutrition and supplementation i have seen my gains sky rocket. Knowledge really is power in this game. The more you know, the more you can apply to your training and diet to achieve your goals faster.

Thread Information