ST240 is offline Junior Member

Max LBM chart pros look please

I found this chart in a book i was reading.

You find your lean body mass (not total body mass) and it tells you the max amount of lean body mass that you can possibly gain in six months, without using anabolics obviously. It also tells you the minimum required amount of protein you need.

Can of the pros verify the validity of this chart?

PS. my appologies if youre on the other forum that i made this same post on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Max LBM chart pros look please-lbm-chart.jpg  

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    From what im looking at there is no way that is accurate.. Its telling you that with 187 lbs of LBM you only need 178G of Protein a day for gaining mass???? Its not saying the Minimum its saying the daily requirements or protein. To gain muscle mass you need 1.5 to 2 G of protein per pound of Lean bodymass.. So thats gonna be 280.5G to 374G of protein a day.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    What book did you get that from? What references where with the information, if any? From a practical standpoint, I do not think it is valid. For one, it is saying that the more lean muscle you have, the greater amount you can gain in a 6 month period. I disagree, because the more lean body mass, the window of opportunity is smaller, that's basic physiology. I also think there are too many variables for that too be accurate.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe it is outdated by some retiring professor who is on the Atkins diet and loves the adductor machine.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I believe it is outdated by some retiring professor who is on the Atkins diet and loves the adductor machine.
    LMAO

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Parts of it is rather significant, for example smaller skinnier guys DO gain more muscle at a slower rate then already big guys do. This is true naturally and with steroids . I think a good number of doctors including mine have the belief too much protein causes stress on kidneys, higher cholesterol, triglicerides and all the other bad stuff, in fact my doctor emphasized that I did not need nor could any human "use" more then 3/4 gram per pound in protein.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Parts of it is rather significant, for example smaller skinnier guys DO gain more muscle at a slower rate then already big guys do. This is true naturally and with steroids. I think a good number of doctors including mine have the belief too much protein causes stress on kidneys, higher cholesterol, triglicerides and all the other bad stuff, in fact my doctor emphasized that I did not need nor could any human "use" more then 3/4 gram per pound in protein.
    Very true about many doctors but that chart is based on the average joe blow who is based on the typical daily calorie diet of 2000. It averages around .7g/lb of bodyweight. So it may be correct for the average guy who goes to the gym only on their new years resolution for 1 month. The more muscle one has the higher the needed protein consumption regardless if some excess results in ketones in the blood. I do not advocate very large protein intake at one sitting but spread out rationally throughout the entire day.

Thread Information