BigJohnE is offline Junior Member

"Shock" sensation in wrists during lifting

Has anyone here heard of/had this: I get a hard sensation like an electric shock in my wrists when I lift with my thumbs in the "proper" curled position for upright rows and lateral delt raises. If I put my thumbs outside, like for a hammer curl, I'm fine. This has intensified over the past few weeks. I plan to ask my doc, but figured you people might have an idea or twoifor me.

singern is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnE
    Has anyone here heard of/had this: I get a hard sensation like an electric shock in my wrists when I lift with my thumbs in the "proper" curled position for upright rows and lateral delt raises. If I put my thumbs outside, like for a hammer curl, I'm fine. This has intensified over the past few weeks. I plan to ask my doc, but figured you people might have an idea or twoifor me.
    I get this when I go heavy on standing upright rows, its a little unnerving but I just work through it.

That's what I've been doing too. Like I said, it's not painful so much as unnerving. I can't bring myself to stop my shoulder work for it, so I just go on. Thanks for the info.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I have gotten this a few times recently, i just worked right through it. ****, gonna take more than a pussy shocking sensation to make me stop moving weight bygah...

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I think it has something to do with nerves. I get shock sensations in my forearms, and I started getting them all through my right arm. Someone mentioned that it might be related to pressure on the nerve or something like that. So that could explain why you would only feel it with certain exercises or while your hands are in a certain position. Just a guess.

Makes sense! Thanks everyone...just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in this and maybe doing something too bad by keeping going. Thanks again for the info.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Now make sure and post if you end up in the ER or some **** ok bro, then we will all stop.

By the way what part of TN are you in?

Nashville...just moved from Atlanta.

So far only ER was an ugly shoulder dislocation last year. Doing widegrip pullovers, left arm came up, right just kept going around!

Thread Information