Power House is offline Junior Member

Question Which one is better?

Do you prefer supersets or dropsets? How do you incorporate them into your work out....ie. do you do drop sets every exercise. How many sets and how many reps?

I personally do 4 exercises for each muscle except arms excercises. I try to get anywhere from 12-15, sometimes I can ony get eight at the last set so I add another set of eight.

What are your preferences?

Thanks

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Power House
    Do you prefer supersets or dropsets? How do you incorporate them into your work out....ie. do you do drop sets every exercise. How many sets and how many reps?

I personally do 4 exercises for each muscle except arms excercises. I try to get anywhere from 12-15, sometimes I can ony get eight at the last set so I add another set of eight.

What are your preferences?

Thanks
    Depends of what Im doing. I never superset chest, back, or legs. I almost always superset arms and calves. Sometimes shoulders and sometimes traps.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I like both but only do them maybe once a month never on every exercise. Drop(descending) sets give a great pump too.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Power House

Nothing exceeds like excess. Well lets say there is no better way other then change. You have to switch around.

I have to say though, I did 12 reps with 4 sets for a long time, but recently increased the weights substantially and now doing 8 reps and 4 sets, and it has me growing and bulking out everywhere... switching back and forth between supersets and dropsets would be a good way to keep changing your routine and fooling your muscles. There is always an advantage to upgrading to heavier weights, in fact its a good idea to jump up into heavier range about every 2 to 3 weeks or so.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I use both technniques as a shocker, but IMO they should not be used as part of a routin regularly. If I am at a sticking point I might use dropsets for 2 weeks on that certain muscle and it helps to overcome the plateau

decadbal is offline Banned
    i personally never do drop sets, just supersets every 2 months maybe..

Thread Information