Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member

Sharp Pain During Intense Workouts

The past 2 days I have been upping the intensity and I have experience a sharp pain in the back of my head right above my neck. Monday was leg press, squats, and traps and today was chest. I am in the 3rd week of test cyp / deca cycle.

Has anyone ever experienced this type of pain?

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Might be as simple as a strained muscle at your skull or a slightly bulging disk at your upper neck...does this pain come when you "push". While pressing the hydrostatic pressure in your spine can increase, if you have a slipped disk it will hurt like crazy. I suffer from this right now at my c6/c7 vertibrae.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I am unsure. I have been taking Zantrex-3 pills (caffine) before my workouts. I am going to cease that for my next workout and see how that goes.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    sounds like your tight, stress or stimulants can bring on tension in the neck, or it could simply be a strain. I would say it is simply tension, Grab your head and pull your chin to your chest slowly, you should feel it pulling between your shoulder blades. Do this every so often to relieve the tension. A hot bath or a long hot shower hitting your back between the shoulder blades will ease the tension.

Thread Information