ChemDietMIC is offline Junior Member

College work out plan

Hey guys i got my offseason football work out plan. It consists of monday and friday and then wednesday is a dumb bell day. Not sure what we are doing wednesday for excerises but heres monday and friday. Please let me know if its a good work out.

Bench 3x12
    Squat 3x12
    Low pulley 3x12
    incline 3x12
    hang cleans 4x6
    Bent over row 3x12
    DB chest fly 3x12
    Still leg dead lift 3x12
    push press 3x12
    curls 3x12
    french curls 3x12
    abs 4x30

I do not see any conditioning
    So try this for conditioning
    First Two weeks: 1 440, 2 220's and 5 100's-I need to find the time constraints, but I know the rest periods-rest 3 minutes after the 440, 90 seconds between the 220's, 3 minutes after the 220's and 60 seconds between the 100's.

Next Two Weeks: 3 220's with 90 seconds in between, then rest 3 minutes before 8 100's with 60 second rest in between each one.

Next Two Weeks: 8 100's with 60 seconds between each one, rest 3 minutes, then do 10 50's with 45 seconds between each one

Next Two Weeks: 8 50's with 45 seconds between each one, rest 3 minutes, then 10 40's with 30 seconds between each one

Next Two Weeks: 10 40's with 30 seconds between each one, 12 15 yard get-offs out of stance with 20 seconds between each one staying low and exploding

Next Two Weeks: 10 15 yard get-offs with 20 seconds between each, 12 lateral movement get-offs out of stance, staying low and directing to the football which coach points either up field, left or right. Defensive lineman must be able two control a gap and also run laterally down the line of scrimmage.

These drills, called interval training with football in mind, encompasses endurance, stamina, conditioning, and technique in the final stages, and should be done twice a week. Normal cardio if these kids have stationary bikes, mountain bikes or unicycles (just kidding) should be done without distance running because it can be done on a bike without putting pressure on the knees and spine. They will get enough abuse to the body running on the track in the initial stages of the interval training.

How do you like this for a lifting plan tho we have cardio as well. This workout plan i just don't like at all. i need expert advice

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    College or High School?

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    College or High School?
    read his thread title

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    read his thread title
    You got me good.
    College, not very good. Looks like an offseason High School program.

I really am not seeing the point oh and guys the Wednesday work out is basicly the same but dumb bells. Its a college work out plan and i just don't really like it. Any other imput?

Thread Information