Thread: Jump Rope

marka is offline Associate Member

Jump Rope

Anyone recommend jumping rope for morning cardio?

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Jump rope is fkn bad ass, but it is hard to make it a lengthy cardio workout unless you are proficient at it.

mitch911 is offline Member
    yea keeping the heart rate in ur zone is hard

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    That and if you are not good then you tend to trip or mess up a whole bunch, lots of people stop n go..stop n go, but that is how you learn.

I think it is excellent, for foot work, coordination, and cardio. Very good cardio workout, and it is definitly not borring.

I do it 30min ed, 6 days a week.
    Plus when wou get really good at it and can do it fast as hell, you can attract as much attention as someone benching 500+ ....at least thats what happened to me.

marka is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    That and if you are not good then you tend to trip or mess up a whole bunch, lots of people stop n go..stop n go, but that is how you learn.

I think it is excellent, for foot work, coordination, and cardio. Very good cardio workout, and it is definitly not borring.

I do it 30min ed, 6 days a week.
    Plus when wou get really good at it and can do it fast as hell, you can attract as much attention as someone benching 500+ ....at least thats what happened to me.
    Thanks. I boxed for about 1 year, and jump rope pretty good, but was curious about it being a good cardio workout for someone who is trying to add size, and reduce fat. I was thinking peddaling 20 minutes on an excercise bike, plus 10 minutes of jump rope. Running, walking, and other cardio workouts bore the hell out of me, and cant get myself to do it.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marka
    Thanks. I boxed for about 1 year, and jump rope pretty good, but was curious about it being a good cardio workout for someone who is trying to add size, and reduce fat. I was thinking peddaling 20 minutes on an excercise bike, plus 10 minutes of jump rope. Running, walking, and other cardio workouts bore the hell out of me, and cant get myself to do it.
    well look at it like this, pro athletes jump rope, namely fighters.
    And for the most part, they are pretty good physical specimens.

A boxer's two main workouts are shadow boxing and jump rope.
    I havent seen any serious trainer let their fighter get away with not doing either one!!!

Thread Information