Thread: Forearms

byrdtre is offline Junior Member

Forearms

Alrights guys, I've been blessed with amazing calves and quads, I wish I could say the same for my forarms. Whats all you bros input on forearm exercises? Know any good ones?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I do curls & reverse curls - sit on a bench with a bar in both hands, palm up. I use the EZ Curl bar for palm down b/c it's easier on the wrists.

Captains of Crush grippers

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i do curls gripping the bar behind you, i also do reverse on a flat bench with my arms hanging off the end. tears my forearms down.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Reverse curls straight bar make sure you let the bar roll on your fingers. Hammer curls done correctly.

Duckhombre is offline Associate Member
    I learned this one from a powerlifter-who had the greatest forearm developement ever-ever. It was like a there was a tenis ball in is forearms-****; anyway he told me to simply pick up the hevyist weight I could hold in a pronated grip, and just stand there until it fell out my hands(do this in a squat/power rack) then imedietly pick it up in power grip(palms facing each other) and continue to hold it until I dropped it again, then reverse my grip and pick it up again, till failure. Thats one set-rinse and repeat!
    It has really put pure mass in my flexers like nothing else.

TUnit is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckhombre
    I learned this one from a powerlifter-who had the greatest forearm developement ever-ever. It was like a there was a tenis ball in is forearms-****; anyway he told me to simply pick up the hevyist weight I could hold in a pronated grip, and just stand there until it fell out my hands(do this in a squat/power rack) then imedietly pick it up in power grip(palms facing each other) and continue to hold it until I dropped it again, then reverse my grip and pick it up again, till failure. Thats one set-rinse and repeat!
    It has really put pure mass in my flexers like nothing else.
    how long do you usually try to hold it??

maxex is offline Member
    get on the cable machine like your gonna do pulldowns only line ur fists up with ur shoulders(just like pull ups) and as you bring down the bar close to ur chest squeeze ur wrists inward and hold it for three seconds. start off with light weight cuz after the 3rd one your forearms will be on fire.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    I used to do the curls behind the back while standing for the forearms, but my forearms have grown the most recently from heavy deadlifts.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Reverse curls straight bar make sure you let the bar roll on your fingers. Hammer curls done correctly.

agreed. there are lots of exercises for foreamrs

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I do curls behind the back as well as dumb bells...depends on my mood.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Because of the generally high endurance capacity of the forearms you should be sure to try and keep the time under tension pretty high... like at least 40 seconds per set... you can use supersets to keep the loads heavy.

If you have some of those Iron Grip 100-pound plates at your disposal you can work on your grip strength by increasing the time you can stand holding them over each workout... you can also use dumbells for this - but the problem with the dumbells is the grip is pretty thin... if you have thicker barbells (requires a stronger grip to hold them) - that would be another option for doing static holds for grip strength.

BigJohnE is offline Junior Member
    In addition to several already mentioned, I like heavy hammer curls and pulley machine rope curls...grip the rope in the center and keep your thumbs up.

BIG D14 is offline Junior Member
    i like to do behind the back and let the bar roll down to my finger tips then back up, also i take the bar rest you forarms on a bench with your palsms down and bar in your hand and curl it up for the front side on the forarm!

zuke is offline Member
    indoor rock climbing... i've never had my forearms smoked like that before

Thread Information