Thread: PM cardio

spoc is offline Junior Member

PM cardio

i dont do my cardio first thing in the morning because my class schedule is usually later on in the day so i wake up around 12 and still do my cardio on an empty stomach...im also usually in bed around 3 am so would this still be equivalent to doing cardio in the morning??

turbolag87 is offline Associate Member
    I do all of my cardio in the PM because i have to. Mind you my cardio comes from intense hockey games where it comes to a point that i cannot breath anymore and im in very good shape. One con that i find on working out in the PM is that i cannot fall asleep right away, i just tend to toss and turn till my blood/heart has calmed down. Good luck and try to eat 2hrs prior to your cardio then quickly top it off with a shake (PWO).

cool man same here i have trouble falling asleep sometimes i got so much energy...who do u play puck for i used to play myself

I used to play AAA hockey, but since then have quit and now just play with friends. I usually play 6 hrs a week with minimal line changes lol... Talk about a workout. WHo did you play for?

i played with a couple AAA clubs in the gthl, a few games in junior....dont play anymore tho....my shoulder got f*ucked up...i might go to some skates in the summer if i can get myself back into shape,but i doubt that is going to happen...i was playing in that juvenile league for a bit last year but it was kind of a goon league, i might go back to that if im not too old lol

u from the GTA?

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spoc
    i dont do my cardio first thing in the morning because my class schedule is usually later on in the day so i wake up around 12 and still do my cardio on an empty stomach...im also usually in bed around 3 am so would this still be equivalent to doing cardio in the morning??
    The idea of doing cardio first-thing in the morning is based off of someone waking up in the morning. If you want to use this type of approach to cardio, then it doesn't matter what time of day you do it, as long as it is after a fairly long fast, such as after 7-8 hours of sleep. In other words, if you go to bed at 3 am and wake up at 12 pm, then doing it at 12 is equivalent to first thing in the morning.

ya thats what i thought as well

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    There is a raging debate about why doing cardio on an empty stomach in the am is better than any other time. However, it is difficult to argue that doing it in the PM is not better than not doing it at all. I do it during both times through out the week as my schedule permits.

Thread Information