insanepump621 is offline Member

anyone every do supersetting??!?!!?

I just recently put a post in about making my workout much more intense by raising the lbar since im startin a cycle i was gonna superset do a chest ex. then a back... then a chest then back... and so forth and do that twice a week but only weith chest and back i got form a workout that arnold did he says with doing that u will be able to lift more weights. what you all think

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i think i have read the same article. Im experimenting on more training sessions myself at teh moment, but ive dropped the volume per workout to like 4 sets max on chest or back. If you are training say 12 sets chest and 12 back twice a week, i doubt you will be giving your body sufficient time to grow. Of course others will have differing input on this, but you grow when out of the gym not in it. But of course alot of things need to be taken into consideration.
    If you are a newb to the gym and working say 6 sets each first of all you wont be pressing/pulling alot of weight, so your body wont be maxed out and you will recover reasonably quickly.
    If you are a seasoned bodybuilder (and im guessing you are as you have chosen to take steroids ) and say you work 12 sets per bodypart and can press/ pull alot of weight. Well as your volume and resistance are greater you will need significantly more rest time.
    It would help if you were a little more exact on the workout you are proposing.

Msucle and fitness mag.

I read it in the muscle and fitness magazine is that were u read it? its 5 for chest and 5 for back in the same day and switch muscle group each time. and u do it twice a week i was going to. it says arnold did it 3 times i think but i think 2 is good enuf thank. ya ive been lifting for like 4 years and goin on test 300 and deca 300

Is that 5 sets or 5 exercises? i think you could get away with it if its 5 sets. Personally i would stick to a regular split than this. I really don't like supersetting back and chest. I read his ideas in his encyclopedia i think (it was long time ago).

its 5 ex wit 5 sets

its 5 excerises with 5 sets doing usually 10-15 reps for each

Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    its 5 excerises with 5 sets doing usually 10-15 reps for each
    25 sets!!!!
    **** that!
    Well try it if you want to . Im a less is more kinda guy. I wont have completed 25 working sets in 6 workouts! Id say this will instantly lead to overtraining, i wouldnt do this once a week let alone twice.

its more then 25 sets!!!

Its 5 excerises for chest then 5 excercises for back and 5 sets for each one expect one or two excerises is like 3 sets so it is about 45 sets and 5 excercises for each muscle group and it claims he put this in all in about an hours workout seems way too much i want to try it... but idk arnold did it so its gotta work some how idk im not gonna risk trying it i think its to much neways

its more then 25 sets!!!

Its 5 excerises for chest then 5 excercises for back and 5 sets for each one expect one or two excerises is like 3 sets so it is about 45 sets and 5 excercises for each muscle group and it claims he put this in all in about an hours workout seems way too much i want to try it... but idk arnold did it so its gotta work some how idk im not gonna risk trying it i think its to much neways

well i think 45 sets in a workout is absolutley stupd, and to do it twice a week is rediculous. Arnie may claim to have done this, if he did then........................just think how overtrained he must have been!

turbolag87 is offline Associate Member
    wow i guess i am overtraining. Im doing around 12sets of supersets on every part of my body and so far ive seen very good gains. But I think ive reached apoint of overtraining now and Im not really growing anymore and im always tired and have less energy at the gym.

Thread Information