TUnit is offline Associate Member

Adding power clean to workout???

Im going to be adding power cleans to my workout but have a few questions. I have never done them so I am still not familiar with the move. So what would be a good weight to start with and also what else would this exercise work?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Total body lift. I'd seek a trainer to help you with the pulls/transitions/scoops.

definatley man...your should start very light until you understand how to do the lift...when i learned them we used broom sticks and empty bars...good luck man...do a search online you should find some more help

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    hey man, i have been doin power cleans and power lifts forever. But i ALWAYS start out with a stripped bar. It is hard to explain via text how to do them right, but PM me and i wil try to help you out.

TUnit is offline Associate Member
    I pretty much got the movement down from watching others in the gym. Just curious, do you have to start from the ground or can you just start by just standing with the weight then throwing it up? When I go to pick it up off the ground i dont feel im working anything, all i feel is just throwing it up

Thread Information