insanepump621 is offline Member

need major help arms and seriously lagging and im doing them today!!!

My weak point is my arms... they r about 16 and half inches and i am on a cycle of test and deca and yet to see noticeable gains in my arms my chest and back and shoulders r popping out like crazy but arms are not... i was going to try something new like this what do you think... everything contains 5 sets with low reps between 6-8 reps using heavy weight... for bis... barbell curls, dumbell preacher curls, incline hammer curls... and some concentration curls... then tris... close grip press, skullcrushers,pressdowns and dumbell kickbacks. What do you think? my stats are 19 y/o almost 20... im 5'11 192 pounds 11.9% bodyfat. Need some major help thank

Njectable is offline Member
    hmm well i'm not sure if i should feel sorry for you considering your 19 and already have 16 and half inch arms, i don't really think that is much to complain about, but i've noticed alot of guys on this site only recommend doing 2-3 excersizes at 10-12sets max for each muscle group of the arm like triceps and biceps, you could try that routine, but i think many will say drop the concentrations for sure if your trying to bulk, do 3-4sets for each exercise for your arms and high intensity.
    But BUMP, and we'll get some other oppinions

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    19 on test/deca .

~SC~

You are over-training arms like mad if you do that routine, you should build a BASE first w/OUT GEAR, and work the LEGS LIKE MAD.

That would yield big arms, not all those sets w/drugs at the age of 19.

~SC~

hey thank for great info sc

Well, I am entirely serious, not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.

Not sure how much of a natural base you had before using gear, but if it wasn't much to begin with, then realistically you can't expect much in return.

That's the true nature of the game, no bullsh*t.

Legs and deadlifts and big CORE work are imperative for big arms. Arms don't just grow from DIRECT work, but they grow from the signals the bigger bodyparts get and send.

So, mock me if you wish, but I was being entirely serious.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    19 on test/deca .

~SC~
    You'll have 16 inch arms about a month after your cycle because you have no base to begin with~
    Anyhow, you wanted suggestions:
    Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets
    Barbell Curls: 3 sets
    Hammer Curls: 3 sets
    Tricep Pressdown: 3 sets
    Skullcrushers: 3 sets
    Dips/Close Grip: 3 sets
    Good Luck

Well thank you im not being sarcastic at all that is one of the pieces of advice I had received, but ppl always tell me im too young for test and deca if i knew sooner what it wud it the long run i wouldnt but im an idiot and I did it neways ppl tell me its wrong i kno it is but i did it and now i need some support... but if you say legs will do i will do start soon

Thank i will try ppl say dont do too much for arms but then again am i doing to little then if i do more and am i doing too much.. thank

Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    My weak point is my arms... they r about 16 and half inches and i am on a cycle of test and deca and yet to see noticeable gains in my arms my chest and back and shoulders r popping out like crazy but arms are not... i was going to try something new like this what do you think... everything contains 5 sets with low reps between 6-8 reps using heavy weight... for bis... barbell curls, dumbell preacher curls, incline hammer curls... and some concentration curls... then tris... close grip press, skullcrushers,pressdowns and dumbell kickbacks. What do you think? my stats are 19 y/o almost 20... im 5'11 192 pounds 11.9% bodyfat. Need some major help thank

Can we say "overtraining"... Keep to the basics and the compound lifts as my future boss suggested. I personally keep to 2-3 excercises and hammer em hard. ie. barbell curls, Hammer curls and "maybe" something else. But I nail these excercises. Remember compound is sound.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Thank i will try ppl say dont do too much for arms but then again am i doing to little then if i do more and am i doing too much.. thank
    20 sets is too much for bi's/tri's. They are worked indirectly with almost every lift.

Well thank you im not being sarcastic at all that is one of the pieces of advice I had received, but ppl always tell me im too young for test and deca if i knew sooner what it wud it the long run i wouldnt but im an idiot and I did it neways ppl tell me its wrong i kno it is but i did it and now i need some support... but if you say legs will do i will do start soon
    Yeah bro, legs are a HUGE key to overall growth.

Do you train legs as of now? I have a leg protocol here that is GREAT, as well as an article about arms, why to work legs and how they help your arms grow, etc.

I believe a quick search could help you find it.

Hope that helps.

~SC~

i use to do the same type a thing actually, about 4 excersizes for biceps and triceps and it got me no where, i have noticed that in most cases less can be better, except when it comes to intensity, but u have alot of good info here from SC, he speaks the truth,
    good luck man

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    ive heard that legs thing before, but i never thought it was true. Im gona look up that article. I saw in some mag an article called squat for big guns or something. Il believe SC though, he knows far more than me.
    edit: btw i cant find that article, what should i search for?
    Last edited by playa4933; 02-01-2005 at 06:54 PM.

well the theory behind this is that when your legs are worked your increasing your body's growth hormone production, as many of us have come to know, more GH means more size in more places then just your legs, so when you actively hit all the major muscles your telling your body that more growth hormone is needed to repair the muscles tissue, which makes you bigger. So without properly hitting legs each week then your really neglecting your whole body that extra size.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I will offer once piece of advice, along with swoles many pieces of correct advice, and that is if you want big arms, dont cheat when doing arm excersices, no swinging, swaying or jerking the weight up, lighten the weight and do it properly, it will work.

I do train legs but not as much as I should... wat did you want me to search?

The major lifts like Swole said, deadlifts, squats, bench. There is something called the "spill over effect" in bodybuilding. A good analogy is throwing a rock through a glass window. The hole is produced from where the rock went through, but the entire window becomes cracked. It's the same with your body, and not to mention the big lifts trigger more natural chems used by the body for growth to be released. Just do the bi's and tri's for a couple exercises maybe 4 sets per exercise at the most. Your entire arm routine should take no longer than 25-30 minutes.

Thread Information