BigJames is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Nausea While Training...

I cannot figure this out! Yesterday I hit the gym for Leg day and about half way through I felt dizziness, nausea, and like cold sweats. I had to actually cut the work out half way through and go home. This has never happened to me before, I have felt something like this AFTER my leg workout in the locker room, but never during. Yesterday was my first time training after work. In preperation for the workout at 5pm I had a protein shake and a banana at about 3:45pm. Anyone have any thoughts on what may have caused this? I am thinking of eating at 3pm today to see if the food threw me off. Any suggestions are appreciated. Oh, I am not on any gear or supplements, besides glutamine and protein supplementation.

Thanks

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    BJ - was anything different with your workout routine that day? Any problems sleeping the night before? You probably just had an off day or your shake just did not sit right. I try to eat 75 to 90 minutes prior to my workout.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I had this exact prob today during legs... and my meal befor etraining was similar to yours..I've NO idea what caused the the nausea and dizziness tho... I didn't cut my workout tho.. i pressed on tru

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Nark, you are hardcore bro...I could not do it. I lined up under the bar and lifted the weight but my head did not clear as it sometimes does when I focus on the lift...still dizzy and covered in a cold sweat. I thought I had slept well the night before...could be just the change in training time from AM to PM. I am gonna get some Maltodextrin today and add it to my protein before training...I will aim for a preworkout snack about 90 - 120 minutes prior to training and see if it makes a difference. Although it is chest and tris today...should not be an issue.

Thanks guys...

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I just posted this same link today in a thread about 5 down from this one. It is due to lactic acid building up in your blood from working out. It can come from not breathing right, or just simply an intense work out.

http://my.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/hw7871.asp

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    Nark, you are hardcore bro...I could not do it. I lined up under the bar and lifted the weight but my head did not clear as it sometimes does when I focus on the lift...still dizzy and covered in a cold sweat. I thought I had slept well the night before...could be just the change in training time from AM to PM. I am gonna get some Maltodextrin today and add it to my protein before training...I will aim for a preworkout snack about 90 - 120 minutes prior to training and see if it makes a difference. Although it is chest and tris today...should not be an issue.

Thanks guys...
    lol... i am pretty hardcore aren't I?

Nah...It's like a job for me..If i gotta do it i gotta do it

Hope you find the cause of your nausea tho bro

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    In certain cases nausea/puking (extream) can supposidly be caused by a huge hgh spike.

shwamin2004 is offline Banned
    I get that way sometimes to, when i try to workout without getting enough sleep or water. LOTS OF WATER

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Just hydrate yourself with a little H2O man...should help

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    I just posted this same link today in a thread about 5 down from this one. It is due to lactic acid building up in your blood from working out. It can come from not breathing right, or just simply an intense work out.

http://my.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/hw7871.asp
    Basically yes. As lactate levels increase, your pH decreases. Your body is extremely sensitive to changes in pH. Therefore, as a protectice mechanism, you become sick and cease exercising or simply puke/pass out. The obvious possibilities are eating too much or improper breathing.

Thread Information