getbig888 is offline Senior Member

For Swole and other Vets

i am starting to cut back on my sets like you guys have said.
    I have been doing about 10 sets for bi/s and tri/s and want to cut back to between 6-9

I do bi/s and tri/s together once a week. I have read where swole hits everything twice a week. My question is do you think i should still go with your 6 set bi workout if i am only going to hit them 1ce a week.

If i do only do them like this it means your getting 12 sets a week and i am only getting 6 sets a week.

i have 18 inch arms and can't get past this plateau any advice would help!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    i am starting to cut back on my sets like you guys have said.
    I have been doing about 10 sets for bi/s and tri/s and want to cut back to between 6-9

I do bi/s and tri/s together once a week. I have read where swole hits everything twice a week. My question is do you think i should still go with your 6 set bi workout if i am only going to hit them 1ce a week.

If i do only do them like this it means your getting 12 sets a week and i am only getting 6 sets a week.

i have 18 inch arms and can't get past this plateau any advice would help!
    actually i believe he said he hits all groups once per week with full on intensity. At least that is what he outlined for others, 6 sets for bi's AFTER YOUR BACK WORKOUT WHEN THEY ARE PRE-FATIGUED. I wouldn't apply the same routine to a day where biceps are fresh..

allsaucedup is offline Member
    ya i remember the same thing and that is what i have been doing now for about a month. 6 set of bi's on back day and 6-8 sets of tri's on chest day. and i think he only does heavy high intensity stuff like barbell curls and close grip bench press

delroid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    ya i remember the same thing and that is what i have been doing now for about a month. 6 set of bi's on back day and 6-8 sets of tri's on chest day. and i think he only does heavy high intensity stuff like barbell curls and close grip bench press
    how has that been working for you, have your arms gotten better at all?

naw he stated that he is able to work everything twice a week b/c he knows the intensity that he should use each workout in order to recover for the next. I was just wondering if this is why he recommends doing the 6 sets for bi's. I just changed my routine to where i am doing bi's and tri's together so neither are pre-exhausted so i didnt think 6 sets for both would be a good idea. But if swole or you guys recommend to still do 6 sets i will give it a shot

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    i do arms together 2 times a week and i do about 9 sets for each. i usually work tris first then bis. im getting some improvement, just make sure u eatin a lot, and sleeping good hours.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I have experimented with everything from 6 sets for bis/tris to 15 sets for bis and tris and I have settled on 7-9 sets if I do them after a complimentary bodypart and 9-12 sets if I do them alone. It works for me. So after chest I would do 3 excersizes for 3 sets each for tris.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delroid
    how has that been working for you, have your arms gotten better at all?
    the extra rest has helped alot i think i was over training my arms before working them on back and chest day and then giving them there own day at the end of the week. i have not measured my arms pumped but i have gone up in strength in both barbell curls and close grip bench yesterday i close grip benched 185 for 10 reps. i would not recommend this routine if you are trying to cut or shape your arms it more for overall size and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    I have experimented with everything from 6 sets for bis/tris to 15 sets for bis and tris and I have settled on 7-9 sets if I do them after a complimentary bodypart and 9-12 sets if I do them alone. It works for me. So after chest I would do 3 excersizes for 3 sets each for tris.
    this was more of what i was asking thanx!

Thread Information