Thread: love handles

delroid is offline Junior Member

love handles

wonder what is a good excercise to get rid of love handles

cardio

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delroid
    hey del, a grate exersise for getting rid of those bad boys is the crunches where u lay down flat like ur going to do just plain jain crunches and turn both ur legs to the side and tuck them up like an L shape then do the crunches its working ur love handles and abs at the same time if u dont no what im tlaking bout ill try and get a pic of some sort for u let me no

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Cardio&diet

thanks justin, im tryin to avoid cardio cuz i dont really want to lose size, even when i was really thin i've always had love handles

thanks justin, im tryin to avoid cardio cuz i dont really want to lose size, even when i was really thin i've always had love handles
    i dont have the love handle problem i just have the keeping size problem so i do NO cardio what so ever unless i go play ball with friends thats my cardio im trying to keep my size another good one for ya is if ur gym has that ab machine that u sit in and it has the bar go across ur chest then u push down on it what ill do is ill turn side ways and push down to the side that will kill i mean KILL those things good luck bro

xenithon is offline Member
    You cannot spot reduce. Doing those side-oriented exercises such as crunches and side bends are pointless at reducing the amount of fat stored in the love handles. Cardio and diet are the only effective ways (perhaps Yohimbe can help though). As a matter of fact, overdoing those side exercises can very often INCREASE the love handle size as it enlarges the obliques and muscles lying under the handles thus forcing them out.

X

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I posted this in the female forum, but the principles are the same bro....

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=138613

Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    You cannot spot reduce. Doing those side-oriented exercises such as crunches and side bends are pointless at reducing the amount of fat stored in the love handles. Cardio and diet are the only effective ways (perhaps Yohimbe can help though). As a matter of fact, overdoing those side exercises can very often INCREASE the love handle size as it enlarges the obliques and muscles lying under the handles thus forcing them out.

X
    in doing these exersises ur turning the fat into more muscle which does reduce the look of the so called love handle look.....he said he didnt wanna do cardio grant it cardio will help with this problem but for someone who is trying to stay at a bulk these exersises will help termidously

justin

xenithon is offline Member
    Listen I am not here looking to pick any fights, it's not in my nature, so please don't take this the wrong way: with your comment "turning the fat into more muscle" it obviously shows you have no clue how the body works. You cannot turn fat into muscle, period. You cannot spot reduce, period. Search to your heart's content for articles, experiments, research etc. and you will find this to be the case. It is like saying that doing 1000 crunches a day will turn a beer belly into a sixpack - I don't think so.

X

Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Listen I am not here looking to pick any fights, it's not in my nature, so please don't take this the wrong way: with your comment "turning the fat into more muscle" it obviously shows you have no clue how the body works. You cannot turn fat into muscle, period. You cannot spot reduce, period. Search to your heart's content for articles, experiments, research etc. and you will find this to be the case. It is like saying that doing 1000 crunches a day will turn a beer belly into a sixpack - I don't think so.

X
    i dont possibly see how doing those cant help reduce love handles i talk to personal trainers everyday and they say the same thing but hey maybe im wrong im not an expert but i no a thing or two no offence takin X but i just dont see it iono JMO

oh and also X i didnt mean exactly turn fat into muscle i meant ur going to gain muscle in that area where the fat once was which would minumize the love handle look

justin

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    no such thing as spot reduction. Diet is the only thing that will get rid of those love handles.

i was refering to workouts not dieting sorry bout that one

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    crunches, weighted or nonweighted builds abs, obliques, by just doing crunches to loose your love handles you want get the results your wanting without a sound diet and low intensity cardio. Low intensity cardio if done correctly will not burn muscle.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    if your diet is correct you will not loose size.

well shat, i need a better diet, diet is def my weak spot

Darkness is offline Member
    well shat, i need a better diet, diet is def my weak spot
    You cant cut and bulk at the same time bro, I always lose some meat when I go for the trim.

ahh this is my weak spot, what do you guys think about running a mile a week?

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    in doing these exersises ur turning the fat into more muscle which does reduce the look of the so called love handle look.....he said he didnt wanna do cardio grant it cardio will help with this problem but for someone who is trying to stay at a bulk these exersises will help termidously

justin
    Not correct. Fat DOES NOT turn into muscle. If you do side exercises and do not get your diet in order and do cardio, you will make things looks worse since you will thicken your waist and STILL have the fat.

Physiology 101:

Muscle does not turn into fat or visa versa.

You cannot spot reduce.

Please remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Not correct. Fat DOES NOT turn into muscle. If you do side exercises and do not get your diet in order and do cardio, you will make things looks worse since you will thicken your waist and STILL have the fat.

Physiology 101:

Muscle does not turn into fat or visa versa.

You cannot spot reduce.

Please remember this.
    You nailed it bro.

Thread Information