skribbble is offline Member

Taking a week off.

I play div 1 football and after realizing ive been busting my ass since september with speed workouts, and pretty high intensity lifting and olympic lifting, I decided to take the week off. I was fine in terms of recovery for the most part but lately i was feeling a little more tired then usual. I think researched about OVERTRAINING on the body-building.com site and decided i shold take a break. So what kinda activity does everyone do when they take a week off? SO far this is what ive done

monday - had a running test, just ran 6 sprints and stretched out really good
    tuesday - Did a cardio workout, 10 minutes walking, 10 minutes jogging and 10 minutes jump rope with abs,
    wendsday - speed ladder workout for liek 10 minutes to get blood flowing, jumprope for 10 and went in the pool and jogged around a bit then went in the hott tub.

Thursday - I plan on tossing the ball around and doing yoga

friday - swimming again
    weekend - some sort of jogging

Monday = back on track starting with week 1 of my workout!!!!!!!!!!

So whats everyone else do?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I unload, meaning reduced volume and intensity to facilitate recovery.

****, i probably shuolda done some sort of light lift, lifting light on a friday, and starting up 100% on a monday would that be too late and too much?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Do you not have a Strength Coach? Strength Coaches should incorporate these "unloading phases or reduced volume phases" in your mesocycles. It is an essential component of periodization, which hopefully he has you guys on some type of periodization workouts?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Due to the intensity of my contest prep...My coach advises me to do absolutely nothing during my week off

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    i've taken a complete week off w/o doing any cardio..eating a good amount of food and just relaxing and thinking about what i want to improve on then, the following week i only workout 3 days w/ compound movements w/ high reps and by the time that third week rolls around i feel replenished and i'm ready to bust my arse

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    i just sit on my ass. i usually take a week off every 3 months and just chill the whole week, and play some basketball, thats about it for working out..

Just got back to lifting after a week off. I felt amazing. I went up weight in everything i did. Thanks for the advice guys

Thread Information