Carth is offline Associate Member

Need to burn fat but preserve muscle. And reduce VAT

Heres my situation. I can only go to the gym to lift weights 4 days a week. I want to burn lots of fat but also preserve as much muscle as possible. So I take it that for this to happen, I not only need my diet to be right. But I also need to do a cardio workout after my weight training. So what should i do after I finish with my weight training?

Get on a treadmill and walk on a steep at slow speed for 30 minutes?

OR

Get on a treadmill and run at a fast pace for less minutes???

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    Heres my situation. I can only go to the gym to lift weights 4 days a week. I want to burn lots of fat but also preserve as much muscle as possible. So I take it that for this to happen, I not only need my diet to be right. But I also need to do a cardio workout after my weight training. So what should i do after I finish with my weight training?

Get on a treadmill and walk on a steep at slow speed for 30 minutes?

OR

Get on a treadmill and run at a fast pace for less minutes???
    for your diet I would suggest you read the cutting sticky in the Diet forum first.

I would suggest that you split up your cardio and do it in the morning on an empty stomach then weight train in the afternoon.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    N E way to do cardio a.m. apart from weights?

Pick up a cost-effective stationary bike for home, no gym required!

This would be far more ideal.

In any event, I'd never run for "fat loss cardio", and not after a workout for sure.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    N E way to do cardio a.m. apart from weights?

Pick up a cost-effective stationary bike for home, no gym required!

This would be far more ideal.

In any event, I'd never run for "fat loss cardio", and not after a workout for sure.

~SC~
    I shouldve been more clear. My fault. I'm up at 4am to be at work at 5am on Mondays. And Tues-Fridsay I'm up at 4am to be at the gym by 5am. And I have to be at work no later than 7am. I get out of work everynight around 7pm!!! I **** tired by that time. All I want to do is come home and see my wife and kids. NO GYM AFTER WORK!

Weekends is totally off for me. I have to dedicate my time to my family and my business. I will not do any exercise on the weekends.

Okay.

~SC~

Okay.

~SC~
    So what are you saying then? That I should just stick to diet and weightlifting for fat loss? That I can acheive. But the thing is that I have a been of VAT that I need to get rid of. That is my main goal really. What can I do?

If the cardio after working out is all you can do, and it has been working for you, then I would continue to utilize it. If it's not, well, what can you do? Weekends are out of the question too, so basically you have to work around all of the limitations you have as efficiently as you can. When it's time for me to get serious, a lot of things go out the window, I have to plan other time w/my family so I can handle my business, etc., but I am lucky in that I am able to do just that.

~SC~

If the cardio after working out is all you can do, and it has been working for you, then I would continue to utilize it. If it's not, well, what can you do? Weekends are out of the question too, so basically you have to work around all of the limitations you have as efficiently as you can. When it's time for me to get serious, a lot of things go out the window, I have to plan other time w/my family so I can handle my business, etc., but I am lucky in that I am able to do just that.

~SC~
    Well...to be honest, I don't do cardio at all! I just stick to diet, gear, weightlifting and fat burner to shed fat. And I do move around all day long at work. I am not at a desk all day long! LOL

But I got this **** VAT and I need to get rid of it! I read and heard that dieting and fat burners alone will not get rid of it. Yeah! They ain't lieing! Because I've had this VAT for quite sometime.

I really didn't see the need for cardio since I was already able to get ripped with gear, diet, training and fat burners. But the VAT is another story. I did read and hear that cardio does get rid of it. But I fear that the cardio will be a waste of my time. And might burn me up as well.

I'd have to say you should try, because at this point you've stated that you still have VAT, and that your current protocol is not making the grade.

Matriculate to the next grade.

~SC~

I'd have to say you should try, because at this point you've stated that you still have VAT, and that your current protocol is not making the grade.

Matriculate to the next grade.

~SC~
    Try what then? You suggested that I do NOT do cardio after weightlifting.

I meant if your schedule changes and you can devote mornings and more days to cardio/gym/etc. (You said no weekends at all) If after a workout is all you can do, then that is all you can do at this point in time.

~SC~

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say your first option is better suited for you. Good to hear you are a good Dad & husband too.

I meant if your schedule changes and you can devote mornings and more days to cardio/gym/etc. (You said no weekends at all) If after a workout is all you can do, then that is all you can do at this point in time.

~SC~
    BTW...you look awesome bro! Nice Avatar!

Look, you obviously look like you know what you are doing. So if you told me to jump off a building and swing my arms around to get delts like your....hey! I would do it! No questions asked.

I want to get lean this summer. Really leaned out! Yes I will use gear, clean diet, fat burners like Clen , ECY, and low dose T3. And of course...train hard. Like i said. I can get leand out pretty good. But I cannot seem to get rid of the VAT I have. Here...look at this pic and you'll see....
    this is me slightly sucking in my VAT gut.

http://img96.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img96...img01834pz.jpg

And this is me sucking it in more....

http://img96.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img96...img01886ii.jpg

This is what I acheived last year on 100mgs of Tren ED, 50mgs of Proviron ED, Sust 250 per week, and ECY stack. I think I also used a low dose of T3 for 6 weeks. Never went past 37.5mcg per day.

Never did cardio because at work I do A LOT OF **** MOVING AROUND!!! I work at a factory so I do both desk work but mostly warehouse work too. As you can see...I can get lean. But not lose the VAT gut. I just read somewhere that doing cardio will help lose the VAT gut. But I need to know how and when should I do cardio. If that is what will help to get rid of the VAT I have.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    WTF is VAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    WTF is VAT?
    Visceral Adipose Tissue. Its the fat around the organs. Thus making it look like a GH gut.

You look great bro.

Yes, introduce that cardio. If you can only do it after workouts, give it a shot, but keep an eye on the lean muscle mass. I don't like cardio after weights at any time, but if you can't do it a.m. and apart from working out, then try it after. OR, do one day of weights, then the next day just cardio at the gym, 45 mins to perhaps an hour, of the 65-75% MHR.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Carth
    Visceral Adipose Tissue. Its the fat around the organs. Thus making it look like a GH gut.
    Many do not know of the term as that is not used too often. Most guys have visceral while woman have subcustaneous which lies directly below the skin edermis layer I think..VAT as you call it is what the body uses to convert to cholestreol.

You see the pic of that guy that SwoleCAT has. That really ripped guy. Now picture him with his gut sticking out a bit. That is VAT! It just doesnt look right! I hate it!

Visceral Fat, yeah, never seen VAT before. Anyhow, do cardio and visceral fat is the first adipose tissue to be metabolize because it poses a significantly higher risks for all diseases than does subcutaneous fat~

Yeah but cardio when? Everybody keeps telling me NOT to do cardio right after I finish weight training. Then when? I do not have time but other than that when I go to the gym.

Carth, you answered your own question. If you have no time then do post workout, 30min at 65% THR. It's not rocket science. As a option workout more body parts less days per week then do cardio alone at night when you would be doing weight training. Or workout one bodypart high intensity where you are done in 15-20 minutes.

Yes, PWO cardio can be effective. Just monitor your bodyweight/bodyfat ratio.

Thread Information