magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member

didn;t really like my other idea much

ok well after my thought of incorporating the 5x5 i think im going to go with what im used to.....
    Mon-shoulders/tri
    M.P. 4 x6-8 (one warm up so 3 working sets)
    Side lat. raise- 3x8
    upright row- 3 (or4?) x6-8
    Skullcrusher- 4x6
    pushdown- 3x8
    kickbacks- 3x8

Tue-Back/Calves
    Deads- 4x8 (one warm up 3 working)
    one arm row- 3x8
    pull up 3x8-10 (might do first when fresh)
    I want to do one more back, but think it could be overkill...... haven;t done deads in awhile cause of my back so ill have ot see how im feeling after the first workout or so...
    (if i do another back prolly some form of close grip row or pulldown) 3x6-8
    calf raises 4x8-10
    ...any other good calf exercises besides raises i can;t htink of any...

Wed-off

Thurs- Chest/Trap (been doing DB inc. for a few months might swith to bb and flat bench over to DB)
    DB incline-3x8
    flat bench 3x8
    Dip or Fly (? leaning toward fly, trainer suggestion elbow out dips and i like them though) 3x8
    one arm leaning shrug (DB) 3x8
    BB shrug 3x8

Fri- Legs/Bis
    Squat 4x8
    Ham curl- 3x8
    quad xtension- 3x8
    (stiff leg deads too or too much?? i like the fact they hit both hams and glutes)
    BB curl 3x8
    Hammer 3x8
    concentration 2-3x8-10

MOn wed fri will also be abs
    and tues thurs cardio (post workout for 15 mins or so...)
    let me know if you think this will lead to overtraining im still only hitting everything once a week but i think i have it set up to the point where i get about 48 hours of rest between each muscle (for instance back and then bis, since bis get a little when back is done..)

shooting for mass here so keep that in mind with critiques...
    appreciate it bros.
    magic

No comments on this idea whatsoever??? i'm goign to assume it's an ok routine then and start it up on monday of this week.....was really hoping to have some solid critiques to consider by then but o well, either no1 wants to help out or it looks fine... im hoping it's the later
    Last edited by magicstick2003; 02-05-2005 at 07:04 AM.

bump..........

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Looking good to me. Make sure you always fit everything in an hour.

I'd personally think my bi's would suffer on a leg day but I have no evidence of it so... Try that and tell us how it works.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't effectively work back the day after shoulders. Therefore, I would recommend something of the following:
    M - Chest/Tri's
    T - Back/Bi's
    W - Off
    R - Quads/Hams/Calves
    F - Shoulders/Traps
    I prefer isometric holds (5 sec.) on calves. Seated Calf Raises, Smith Machine Calf Raises, Unilateral Calf Raises hold a dumbbell, Hack Machine Calf Raises, Donkey Calf Raises, Dorsiflexion.
    I think abs twice weekly is plenty, and would sub an ab day with calf work. One-arm shrugs were performed once by me and will never do them again. They totally stress my neck. I would add stiffs to hams day. I do not think it will be too much. For mass, I would sub close grip bench for kickbacks. I perform them on the smith machine to totally isolate my tri's. If you are going to stick with three chest movement, do the dips instead of flyes. The are more compound and will activate more muscle fibers. They will also further fatigue your triceps, so just finish off with a few good sets of skulls or close grip. That's all you'll need after a chest workout. I'm not much on concentration curls. Genetics will determine your peak, so stick with heavier movements and fill out the muscle. Besides you are going for mass. Incorporate them into another phase. Why 15 minutes "cardio" postworkout? Also, the stimulus may be there for muscle growth, however, you must provide the nutrients for it to occur. Check out the diet forum for more help~

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    I couldn't effectively work back the day after shoulders. Therefore, I would recommend something of the following:
    M - Chest/Tri's
    T - Back/Bi's
    W - Off
    R - Quads/Hams/Calves
    F - Shoulders/Traps
    I prefer isometric holds (5 sec.) on calves. Seated Calf Raises, Smith Machine Calf Raises, Unilateral Calf Raises hold a dumbbell, Hack Machine Calf Raises, Donkey Calf Raises, Dorsiflexion.
    I think abs twice weekly is plenty, and would sub an ab day with calf work. One-arm shrugs were performed once by me and will never do them again. They totally stress my neck. I would add stiffs to hams day. I do not think it will be too much. For mass, I would sub close grip bench for kickbacks. I perform them on the smith machine to totally isolate my tri's. If you are going to stick with three chest movement, do the dips instead of flyes. The are more compound and will activate more muscle fibers. They will also further fatigue your triceps, so just finish off with a few good sets of skulls or close grip. That's all you'll need after a chest workout. I'm not much on concentration curls. Genetics will determine your peak, so stick with heavier movements and fill out the muscle. Besides you are going for mass. Incorporate them into another phase. Why 15 minutes "cardio" postworkout? Also, the stimulus may be there for muscle growth, however, you must provide the nutrients for it to occur. Check out the diet forum for more help~
    good stuffto go by i like it... cardio i've dropped and will be doign in the am so i seperate cardio work from working out to give everythign time to recover more......I think ill go with the classic chest tri back bi should trap and legs...but i will use the workouts listed...just switch stuff around...
    Can;t believe your not a fan of the one arm shrug(i guess everyone has there own thing) i like um for some reason i feel i can really concentrate on the trap with them... i never did them till a month or so ago and i think they've helped add to traps a lot...

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I don't see forearms in there any where. Also, for back I do wide grip behind the neck pull ups, and heavy wide grip pull downs. I would add heavy pull downs for another back exercise. Definitly flys over elbow out dips.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, hit up the am cardio if you are doing cardio. You are bulking right? You can still do cardio when bulking, however, remember you are expending calories when doing so. You'll have to over-compensate for that caloric expenditure in order to gain. How do you do your one arm shrugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Yeah, hit up the am cardio if you are doing cardio. You are bulking right? You can still do cardio when bulking, however, remember you are expending calories when doing so. You'll have to over-compensate for that caloric expenditure in order to gain. How do you do your one arm shrugs?
    grab one of the seat benches.. the half ones used for shoulder press... and lean forward slightly and pull the weight up... i like them a lot actually...

Thread Information