Headstrong_555 is offline Junior Member

Cardio 2xDay!!!!!

Just want the opinions from some peole out there. I am trying a different approach to cardio, and I wanted some opinions.

I am slpitting cardio into 2 sessions. One in the morning on an empty stomach for 30 mins and one at night after workout for 30 mins. My previous approach was 45 mins every morning on an empty stomach. Just trying to change it up a bit, and I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this and what the results were.

-=-Head-=-
    Last edited by Headstrong_555; 02-07-2005 at 10:01 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    1) 45 is far better than 30 for actual fat buring and lipolysis. (It kicks in at 20 mins, so a 30 min session yields 10 mins of actual fat burning whereas 40 mins yields 20 mins of fat burning. That's DOUBLE per session!) So, 45 is even better as you can see.

2) Double sessions are only needed (and usually 45 each but NEVER after working out only on off days from training) when diet alone won't work for a person. (very rare)

3) Cardio after working out is a very bad idea, as cortisol is VERY high and you run the risk of losing lots of lean muscle tissue.

I'd stick to the 45 a.m. daily and tighten up the diet for the best results. Sometimes too much is worse than not enough.

~SC~

Headstrong_555 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks I will resume my usual schedule starting tomorrow. 45-60mins of AM cardio weight training in the evening. Quick question, if a person were thinking of doing a show in the next year or so, do you still advise on diet,training, etc (for a fee obviously). I wasnt sure if SwoleGenix was the right service for that.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sure, just hit me up in e-mail and we can discuss what would be the best approach for you to utilize.

Thanks,
    ~SC~

Thread Information