magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member

chest/tri.. back/bi

How in the world do you guys do this split... i used to do it back in the day and i switched back to it today and had the hardest **** time finsihing up the tris post chest... im thinking bout going to chest bi just so it's more managable.. unless it's ill advised, but like i said i didn;t like how the tri work went because of chest...

lol, I tried that same split for a week and had the same problem. After chest I'd do my first tricep workout, and they felt like they were gonna blow up they were so pumped already. It screwed my tri workout up bad.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i do back/bi but i dont do chest/tri i used to but had the same problem so i put tris with my shoulder day and its been going well

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    Good question...I want to use the chest/tri back/bi split, but today my tri's were so fatigued...even for just 6 sets afterwards of tri work. I was doing skull crushers and could only pump out like 4 reps using 70lbs when I can easily do 10-12 without doing chest first.

Should I lower the weight for my post chest tri workout, or what? Will my triceps still get a good enough work out?

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    na man just have arms on their own day, or do back/bi and tri/shoulders like justin said. have chest its own day.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8416
    na man just have arms on their own day, or do back/bi and tri/shoulders like justin said. have chest its own day.
    i've been doing that for some time now.. everything on it's own day.. but i recently switched it up so im only going four days/ week. i figure ill try it for a few months and see if i like it, since i knid of think i was overtraining with the 5 day thing.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO chest/tri's and back/bi's is one of the greatest things ever. Follow Swole's protical of 6 instense sets for biceps after back, and trust me this is all your bicep's need to grow! I try to aim for 8 sets of triceps after chest, avoiding cables at all costs. it works, you have to go lighter but who cares, check your ego at the door, use proper form and you should grow

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    How in the world do you guys do this split... i used to do it back in the day and i switched back to it today and had the hardest **** time finsihing up the tris post chest... im thinking bout going to chest bi just so it's more managable.. unless it's ill advised, but like i said i didn;t like how the tri work went because of chest...
    The reason why it is hard finishing up with tri's after chest it because most of the excecises that are done with chest also utilize tri's. Same goes for back and bi's.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8416
    I disagree. You can't work your chest without working your triceps or front delts. Plus, your chest only needs about 10 sets of exercise to grow optimally. If you don't mind being in and out of the gym in 25 minutes, i guess you can go ahead and do this.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Yes, your tri's or bi's will be fatigued. However, do not let your ego keep you from training them after chest or back. Here is the reason. You will have to go lighter, this does not matter. Because your tri's or bi's have been pre-exhausted, they are obviously going to be fatigued. Your muscles do not know how much weight you have on the bar, they just recruit the muscle fibers that are needed to perform the lift. Therfore, if you are still training as "heavy as possible" (even though it is lighter) you are still going to maximally recruit all your fibers. The other upside, already mentioned, less volume is required because of pre-exhaustion.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    ive always done chest with tris. if you do arms on a seperate day then youd be overtraining your tris. i love doing heavy weighted dips after benching.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    It is called pre-exhaust principle. It works. I use that routine for 3 months every year. It is hard and the weights go down, but the pump is awesome. Especially around the elbow. I am just switching back to an Arm alone day this week.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    IMO chest/tri's and back/bi's is one of the greatest things ever. Follow Swole's protical of 6 instense sets for biceps after back, and trust me this is all your bicep's need to grow! I try to aim for 8 sets of triceps after chest, avoiding cables at all costs. it works, you have to go lighter but who cares, check your ego at the door, use proper form and you should grow
    you remember the link for swole's arm workout?

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Yes, your tri's or bi's will be fatigued. However, do not let your ego keep you from training them after chest or back. Here is the reason. You will have to go lighter, this does not matter. Because your tri's or bi's have been pre-exhausted, they are obviously going to be fatigued. Your muscles do not know how much weight you have on the bar, they just recruit the muscle fibers that are needed to perform the lift. Therfore, if you are still training as "heavy as possible" (even though it is lighter) you are still going to maximally recruit all your fibers. The other upside, already mentioned, less volume is required because of pre-exhaustion.
    Excellent!!!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    you remember the link for swole's arm workout?
    Today's "OBVIOUS" training reminder!!

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength

luv you

Thread Information