Thread: Cardio question

Adonis is offline Associate Member

Question Cardio question

I'm trying to cut up for summer.

Is it better to do one 1 hour cardio session or one 30 min in the morning and another 30 min in the afternoon.

The reason for my question is that I do not want to loose any muscle and was just wondering if any of the two will have different effects.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    2 30 minutes sessions would be best. After so many minutes of cardio (I think it's 40-45) it becomes catabolic.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Adonis is offline Associate Member
    Thanks, I was doing 45min in the morning and then 20-25min after training and now my shirts don't fit so snugly.

Since I don't have fat in my arms I thought I was loosing muscle.
    I'm not trying to go heavy, mostly 60% of what I usually lift and I do get good pumps but I think I'm loosing wheight too fast.

I'll try to up my protein and do two 30min sessions and see if that helps.

keep

Well, I personally think that it's up to your body as to how fast you loose weight.

When I go on eating binges for 2-3 weeks, once I hit the gym hard again, I'll loose the ten pounds I've gained in 5-7 days. I think that it all depends on your eating and exercise habits prior to your new routine.

If you are shocking your body with your new eating habits and cardio routine, then it's possible to loose weight rather quickly. I wouldn't worry about that. As long as you still have energy and feel good and don't get head rush everytime you stand up, then you're alright!!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    The exact same thing is true for me. When I start to cut after bulking, I'll almost always lose about ten pounds the first week. I think alot of it is just water weight and bloat from the crap I've been eating. As far as the cardio, I do it just as Jenna suggests when I'm trying to lean out. Once in the morning for around 30-45 min. then again before bed for 35 min. Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually enjoy doing cardio-it makes me feel good.

Originally posted by HARDCORE
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually enjoy doing cardio-it makes me feel good.
    No - you're not the only one! The best feeling is doing a high-intensity cardio workout for a good 30 minutes and sweating your BUTT off !! It's a great feeling!

I do "THE BEAST" - which is my name for the stair climber with the actual rotating steps... It kicks my ass.

We have a love-hate relationship!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    10 pounds??? thats pretty good, the best cardio is to get outside and do some running or biking, or even rollerblading...that makes your legs really strong, i run track and there is nothing better than getting outside and taking off your shirt, you get tan and get a nice sweat going. go twice a day, and if you do it right before bed, eat something small right after, if i dont do that when i wake up i feel crabby.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    do 3-4, 30min sessions per week, max. anymore than that and you will lose alot of the size you are trying to show off. focus more on your diet.

quasar is offline Associate Member
    has anyone ever rowed? i was on the crew team at my high school and here at college. i would bulk up every winter and lose everything by summer, muscle and fat. it sucked. it is pulling as hard as you can as fast as you can. fun fun. i still get nightmares from the lactic acid build up after a race.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    I always do cardio 6 days a week when I cut, and I haven't noticed any muscle loss at that amount. Everybody's body type and metabolism is different. If I only did three to four days a week it would take me forever to cut down. As long as you keep the intensity moderate, and keep lifting heavy and have the diet down to a point you can preserve the mass. At least this is what works for me.....

Thread Information