Thread: Pullovers?

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

Pullovers?

just wondering Pullovers are done to "EXPAND RIBCAGE" dont know how true this is ,but also hits the lats also right??/

another question is does it target the chest also? because every time i do pullovers my chest gets hard and stuff,should i incorporate PULLOVERS into my chest routine? because i feel as mychest gets targeted good from this

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    If it feels good then do it, I used to do pullovers alot and it realy made my inner chest burn like a bitch.
    But I always get sore in my lats to.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    sweet,thx

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Pullovers do expand the rib cage but they only will when you are young and still growing.And they do work on you lats if you keep your arms straight.....

MrMuscle is offline New Member
    here is what Arnold had to say about this:

"simply having large pectoral muscles is not enough if they are hung on a small, unimpressive rib cage. And so you need to find a way to expand the rib cage as much as possible. This is accomplished by very strictly performed Dumbbell Pullovers. Be aware, however, that Pullovers performed on machines do not have the same effect. When u are locked into a machine the latissimus muscles bear most of the stress, so you do not get as much expansion of the rib cage."

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    I like the pullover. I also find that at the top of the movement, if I push it up as far as it can go and flex the serratus, it really hits those hard to hit serratus muscles.

Ironweb is offline Member
    MrMuscle I love Arnolds book bar none the best book for BB in print IMO. If you do not have this book get it.

One thing that was not mention here is that DB pull overs also works the serratus muscle.

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    hey so here stupid question what is a pullover. it sounds like i need to add it to my chest workout.
    THX

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.

Here ya go...

Originally posted by lethalppl
    hey so here stupid question what is a pullover. it sounds like i need to add it to my chest workout.
    THX
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BPullover.html

NightOp is offline Member
    this is a dumb question but it was stated that pullovers will only expand your rib cage if you are still growing/young... well im pretty young (will be 20 soon) and im wondering if these would be worth it to try for rib cage expansion... I guess my question is rather "am I still growing/young" .. i can grow moderate facial hair (no beard yet) and i know Im not anywhere close to my peak testosterone production age... what do you guys think

Thread Information