Thread: Bi's

briansauras is offline Senior Member

Bi's

when you bulk how many sets do you do for bi's? Ive read some training logs on here and lots of them dont include bi exercises doing bulks...

But for some reason iv never had huuge bi's and i think it was because i was doing to many sets. I used to do like 16+ dont remember exactly but it was way to much.
    Iv been bulking for about a month now and i was doing 9sets, but today i was pulling alot of weight for back, and noticed my bi's got hit pretty good after i finished up my back routine, so i took out 3 sets of french curls and just did 3sets of BB curls, and 3 sets isolation hammers, and my arms still felt like they were ganan fall off....
    Could that still be to many sets for my bis to grow accordingly?

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Bi's are a secondary group worked in a lot of back exercises. I did Bi's with back for a while and would count back as a warm up for bi's. Nine sets is all you should need if you follow correct form, and rest time in between sets. I like heavy db curls, hammer curls, and heavy bb (not EZ bar) curls extra slow on the way down.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I currently do biceps and back together, with back as warm up for biceps. I do 3 sets of heavy incline hammer curls and 3 sets of heavy standing DB curls. Thats really all you need IMO to stimulate your biceps. Your biceps are a relatively small muscle group, so you don't need as much of a total workload to elicit gains.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are a begginer start out with only 6 set for bis, I would do 3 sets of standing barbell curls and 3 set of seated of standing alternate dumbell curls. After youve been training for a while and find that 6 sets no longer does the job ad one more excersize and bump it up to 9 sets.

briansauras is offline Senior Member
    Ive been training for awhile and now that I am doing alot more weight for back, I notice that my bis get hit alot harder then they used to. I used to do 9sets for bis. But now I think I can prolly get by with 6 sets.....3x of heavy BB curl( straight bar) and 3x Heavy concentrated Hammer curls

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brewski053
    Ive been training for awhile and now that I am doing alot more weight for back, I notice that my bis get hit alot harder then they used to. I used to do 9sets for bis. But now I think I can prolly get by with 6 sets.....3x of heavy BB curl( straight bar) and 3x Heavy concentrated Hammer curls
    I think the bb straight bars and hammer curls are definitely the way to go. Nothing seems to measure up to those two exercises. I don't train biceps with back anymore, simply because my forearms were useless after doing either one first.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    If you are a begginer start out with only 6 set for bis, I would do 3 sets of standing barbell curls and 3 set of seated of standing alternate dumbell curls. After youve been training for a while and find that 6 sets no longer does the job ad one more excersize and bump it up to 9 sets.

agreed

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I once read in MD that Lee Priest does well over 20 sets of bi exercises on arm day. Dude does have some impressive guns

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    I once read in MD that Lee Priest does well over 20 sets of bi exercises on arm day. Dude does have some impressive guns
    Great genetics

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Great genetics
    + 2 grams of gear / week

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    + 2 grams of gear / week
    he doesn't need that much gear, he's short. Lee is the only pro i know of that will even admit he's on and what he takes. He's on GH year round, but mostly uses deca and primo.

Thread Information