G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

how much can you leg press?

i have seen many threads on how much can you bench, squat, or deadlift, but how about leg press?

i have just recently got into leg pressing at my new gym, my old one only went up to 500lbs

yesterday i used in the region of 700lbs for 10 reps, but this was on my 4th set (and this was also after 5 sets of hack squats)

i weigh 205 lbs

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i have seen many threads on how much can you bench, squat, or deadlift, but how about leg press?

i have just recently got into leg pressing at my new gym, my old one only went up to 500lbs

yesterday i used in the region of 700lbs for 10 reps, but this was on my 4th set (and this was also after 5 sets of hack squats)

i weigh 205 lbs
    I weight about the same and push ten plates per side for four sets of twelve. Don't know what the sled weighs but that is 900 pounds.

Leg press is really pretty meaningless since the sleds all weigh different. I also only do them to pump up the outer sweep on my quads.

Squats tell it all.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Leg press and hack sled machines generally is around 70% of the amout of weight on it. For example 1000lbs of plates= 700lbs.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I think I saw this in the Lounge too???

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Leg press and hack sled machines generally is around 70% of the amout of weight on it. For example 1000lbs of plates= 700lbs.

huh?

not really sure what your gettin at here

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I think I saw this in the Lounge too???

~SC~

yep i admit it, i put in both

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    huh?

not really sure what your gettin at here
    I think he is reffering to the "Actual" weight pushed.. as in if you have 1000 pounds on there your in fact only pushing 700, basically because of the mechanics of the machine

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I think he is reffering to the "Actual" weight pushed.. as in if you have 1000 pounds on there your in fact only pushing 700, basically because of the mechanics of the machine
    It is a basic physics equation: assume zero friction, measure the angle and solve for the vector in the direction of the press.

OK, but some machines have HUGE sleds (where you put your feet and hang the plates) like the one in the gym here in Russia, fricking cast iron or little flimsy, inky-dinky things like in a Gold's Gym. The sled in Russia has to weigh 200-300 pounds, the sled at Gold's is about 50-100.

So if you ask someone what he can push, you have to know what machine he is using. So this becomes silly really fast and so if you really want to get into a dick comparing contest, ask him how much he can SQUAT.

Swellin Guest
    I keep a log of all of my lifts. On any type of machinery, I only write down the plate weight. The rest doesn't matter. All that matters is that you are putting on more plate weight every time you set foot in the gym....or at least increasing the number of times you move the same old weight.

Don't count the sled or the bar (smith) or any of that stuff.

we have "how much can u squat" conversations every day of the week
    thats why i was asking about pressin

or i could just ask how big your dick is

we have "how much can u squat" conversations every day of the week
    thats why i was asking about pressin

or i could just ask how big your dick is
    That is the bigest problem. My dick gets in the way when I do squats unless I wrap it around my neck.

What I was trying to say, is that it is hard to compare because the machines are so different. I am not dissing you, bro.

Swellin- I keep a log too, but there are problems when you travel like I do and if you use different machines. Hack and leg press carriages vary in weight a lot. So you might write down the plate weight and it will be more but the actual total weight is less because of a lighter carriage/sled. The Hack sled in the Russian gym where I work out is about 300 pounds WITHOUT weight. In your journal you would look like you are really slacking on leg day if you write down weight only. Weight only makes sense if you are always in the same gym or don't use machines.

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    That is the bigest problem. My dick gets in the way when I do squats unless I wrap it around my neck.

What I was trying to say, is that it is hard to compare because the machines are so different. I am not dissing you, bro.

its cool

BDTR is offline Retired
    - GAL -->

BDTR is offline Retired
    God**** it, i thought i was responding to the lounge one cus i thought it got moved.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    God**** it, i thought i was responding to the lounge one cus i thought it got moved.
    You're the mod...merge these puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr

i just wanted to confuse everyone

looks like my work here is done

Thread Information