getbig888 is offline Senior Member

Cardio the morning after legs/???

Should i do cardio in the morning after killing my legs earlier today?? its only a walk on the treadmill but what do you guys think?

I think it could be good actually. It'll stretch your legs out and may help a little with recovery. You won't be as stiff/sore either IMO.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    yea i see where your coming from but i also can see where it would be interfering with healing time/ not getting enough rest. i think i'm gonna go for it though and give it a shot.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I always do, as I use it as an active recovery means.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    No problems doing them the morning after. However, I do skip a.m. cardio on legs day.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    It usually depends on how bad my legs hurt the next day..... but I usually still do it if cutting.

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    I would see that as counterproductive. I dont do cardio the same day as i do legs or the day after. After an intence workout you dont want to re-tear and damage the muscle fibres, They need rest.
    Streching is fine but i wouldnt do any cardio

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolica
    I would see that as counterproductive. I dont do cardio the same day as i do legs or the day after. After an intence workout you dont want to re-tear and damage the muscle fibres, They need rest.
    Streching is fine but i wouldnt do any cardio
    Only counterproductive when one does too much. I beleive the ones that do keep it to a minimum level no more then say 60%THR and less then 20 minutes tops, at least for myself.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Only counterproductive when one does too much. I beleive the ones that do keep it to a minimum level no more then say 60%THR and less then 20 minutes tops, at least for myself.
    actually i do it for my normal hour. It hurts like hell, but it helps the healing process by shuttling nutrients into your muscles that need repair!

It does not "further damage" or tear muscle fibers... It is very low intensity.
    Now if you were talking about HIIT cardio, i would have to agree with you!

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I walk on an incline for 55 minutes like most other cardio days. It doesn't hurt much after a few minutes. If anything, I think it makes the soreness go away sooner. I do cardio about 8-12 hours after a leg workout, and my legs are sore for around 2-3 days. When I don't do the cardio after legs, I'm sore for about 5 days.

Thread Information