Thread: Training GIRLS

DaddySherles is offline Junior Member

Training GIRLS

I have some girls wantin to get in shape for the summer. What do they need to be eating and what kind of routine do I need to get them in? I have ideas but I am open for much more. Holla at me

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddySherles
    What do they need to be eating
    I would say something perverse here but I'll restrain myself.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    I also posted this in another section Daddy, so maybe this will help out your post as well as mine. Here is my post.

"I have a female friend who is 5'4 and weighs 110 pounds. She is pretty skinny and has tiny muscles when she flexes her arms. She has never worked out and wants to start. I think she has a very nice body for not working out, she is very toned already. Her goal is to look more in shape like the miss fitness competitions but slightly less. She wants to have more curves and very little more size since she thinks she is too boney.

Now the thing is, I don't know exactly what to tell her since I don't know how to train a female. I really need your help on this one.

Can you guys tell me what she needs to do in terms of her diet and workout? The more specific the better, thanks."

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    I'll tell you right now, diet is gonna be the hardest part for them.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Doet always seems to be the worst for girls. I dont know why it is but they seem to have a harder time adjusting. As far as w.o depending what their goals are I have them lift the same way we do. Its just breaking their belief that they are gonna look like a female bb by lifting heavy. But I have them lift heavy all the same lifts I do. Dl's, bench, bb curls, hammer curls, and etc. As far as I know there isnt any differance to the way a girls muscle grows and a guys.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Explain to her the importance of cardio and burning energy (kcal) and creating a kcal deficit in order to lose. Explain the importance of resistance training because 70% of her metabolic rate is resting energy expenditure, tell her how muscle is active tissue, therefore require energy to sustain. Tell her no matter what she does, if she eats like crap, there will be no benefits. Periodize her workout to where she will spend the majority of her time Endurancing Training. I do believe in training the same way, however, I think a female is more likely to stick with the program doing higher reps. Maybe out of a 20 week cycle, spend 12 Endurance Training, 4 Strength Training and 4 Hypertrophy Training.
    Something like this:
    Weeks 1-5 Endurance Train
    Weeks 6-7 Hypertrophy Train
    Weeks 8-9 Strength Train
    Weeks 10-16 Endurance Train
    Weeks 17-18 Hypertrophy Train
    Weeks 19-20 Strength Train
    Get the idea?

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Doet always seems to be the worst for girls. I dont know why it is but they seem to have a harder time adjusting. As far as w.o depending what their goals are I have them lift the same way we do. Its just breaking their belief that they are gonna look like a female bb by lifting heavy. But I have them lift heavy all the same lifts I do. Dl's, bench, bb curls, hammer curls, and etc. As far as I know there isnt any differance to the way a girls muscle grows and a guys.
    Preach on Brotha'! I wish I could pimp slap girls who think they're gonna get "big" from lifting heavy. My wife Squats 195, Deads 220, and Benches 120. All while going from a size 18-20 to a size 6-7. Mark

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Preach on Brotha'! I wish I could pimp slap girls who think they're gonna get "big" from lifting heavy. My wife Squats 195, Deads 220, and Benches 120. All while going from a size 18-20 to a size 6-7. Mark
    Good for her bro I have a girl thats needs help shes a size 10-12 but weak as hell. I am having a lot of difficulty with this one but its a challenge

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Good for her bro I have a girl thats needs help shes a size 10-12 but weak as hell. I am having a lot of difficulty with this one but its a challenge
    What really blows my mind about her is her apparent disregard for the pain zone. She just keeps on going. Won't be long before she's outlifting me Mark

BDTR is offline Retired
    I train girls the same way I train guys. The diet is modified though.

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    Definitely convice a female that weight training will be an important part of the gym experience. Too many girls I know like to do 2 hours of cardio a day, 6 days a week, with NO resistance training. Be sure to get her lifting and tell her that lifting weights will not "make me look too bulky ewwwww"

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    While weight triaining is #1 IMO you have to go with a routine the person being trained will stick to. Fact of the matter is that most reasonably conditioned young (18-25) women can get the beach body they are looking for (or at least a big improvement in what they currently have) by doing medium intensity cardio 5 days a week with some ab work afterwards for 2-3 months. Then you wont see them in the gym until summer is over and they need to work off the party fat.

xfade7 is offline Member
    i have a girl thats going to start working out with me and im going to have her do every exercise i do. (when her muscles begin to get used to the workouts)..ill start light though, then work up heavy.

xf

Thread Information