Thread: Legs....

Power House is offline Junior Member

Question Legs....

Untill recently I was doing 4 exercises 12-15 reps. The exercises included Squats, leg extentions, leg presses and Hamstring curls in that order. I now find out that Squats and leg presses are the same movement, so this means that the quads would get overtrained . The question that I have is what do your leg day consist of. I tried Swolecats protocol and enjoyed it . I need a alternate routine to shock the hell out of the quads so that I have to crawl. How about Hack Squats and lunges are they a good alternte? How many sets and exercises do you do?

Thanks for your time

Last edited by Power House; 02-13-2005 at 09:56 PM.

Question

Almost every training article that I have read has had Squats and Leg presses in the same day routine. Some do 12-15 reps and 4 exercises and some do 8-10reps. I did Swole's Protocol and For three days my legs were cursing at me...lol

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    hack squats, legs closer then shoulder width to work on your sweep

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    A good program for a beginer is to start with 4 sets of squats, 4 sets of leg press, 4 sets of extensions. pyramid your weight up each set and aim for 8-12 reps. Then move onto 5 sets of stiff legged deadlifts (go very easy and light starting this out, make sure your form is good) and 6 sets of hamstring curls, both aiming for 8-12 reps per set. Next you've got to wail on your calves, typically i do two exercises, standing and seated, 6 sets each. 2 sets toes in, 2 sets toes out and 2 sets toes straight forward for each.

this adds up to a long day but....

your legs are HUGE. you've really got to wail on them if you want them to grow.

If you want a more advanced leg scheme, you can split your legs up into two days, which is what i do personally. let me know and i'll post that here too.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    A good program for a beginer is to start with 4 sets of squats, 4 sets of leg press, 4 sets of extensions. pyramid your weight up each set and aim for 8-12 reps. Then move onto 5 sets of stiff legged deadlifts (go very easy and light starting this out, make sure your form is good) and 6 sets of hamstring curls, both aiming for 8-12 reps per set. Next you've got to wail on your calves, typically i do two exercises, standing and seated, 6 sets each. 2 sets toes in, 2 sets toes out and 2 sets toes straight forward for each.

this adds up to a long day but....

your legs are HUGE. you've really got to wail on them if you want them to grow.

If you want a more advanced leg scheme, you can split your legs up into two days, which is what i do personally. let me know and i'll post that here too.

Thanks my friend that's great info, please post your advanced leg scheme if it's not too much trouble. Thank you for your time I will definately try what you've outlined and I'll go buy a wheel chair for leg days...lol. Thanks again and I look forward to the advanced leg scheme.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    why do you 'need' an alternative program?

If it aint broke..don't fix it (IMO)

~Nark

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    why do you 'need' an alternative program?

If it aint broke..don't fix it (IMO)

~Nark
    That's true. I like to switch things up often so I shock the hell out of my legs, different movements, reps, weights and routine's is benifiacial to give those legs the beating of a lifetime.

Thread Information