Thread: Pat Tillman

YouCanDoIt is offline Junior Member

Pat Tillman

Alright, most of y'all have heard of Pat Tillman - the NFL player that quit to become an army ranger. Eventually he was killed in Afghanistan, RIP, god bless america. My question goes back to his NFL days. In a paper (about a year before he died) I read that during the offseason he trained and ran a marathon. next spring/summer he trained and completed a triathlon. What I'm curious about is how did he manage to complete those endurance events, without loosing muscle. Or did he? I mean he did play in the NFL, so he had to have at least some muscle on him. ???

Thanks bros.

YouCanDoIt is offline Junior Member

Bump

Bump

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I think most of worries about losing muscle due to cardio are compoletely overblown. Even if there is muscle lost during cardio, I wonder if the muscle lost during cardio is gained back during recovery such as in lifting? There are a lot of really muscular athletes that go above the target HR for extended periods of time. Look at professional wrestlers, hockey players, elite military, etc.

Tank1972 is offline New Member
    God Bless Pat Tillman... In a time were the word HERO is given to anyone that simply does the right thing, it's true men like Pat that deserve the title HERO!!

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YouCanDoIt
    Alright, most of y'all have heard of Pat Tillman - the NFL player that quit to become an army ranger. Eventually he was killed in Afghanistan, RIP, god bless america. My question goes back to his NFL days. In a paper (about a year before he died) I read that during the offseason he trained and ran a marathon. next spring/summer he trained and completed a triathlon. What I'm curious about is how did he manage to complete those endurance events, without loosing muscle. Or did he? I mean he did play in the NFL, so he had to have at least some muscle on him. ???

Thanks bros.
    Bump, good question

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Diet Diet Diet

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    When I was in the Army, not too long ago...it was real hard to pack on mass. I did insane amounts of cardio. High intensity, six minute miles, 6 or 7 miles a day, at least 5 days a week. I also went rock climbing and mtn biking on the weekends. I was lean as hell, but not massive at all.

When I got deployed to the mideast I cut out the cardio, tweaked the diet and instantly started putting on mass. I guess a lot of it has to come down to diet. and rest.

Thread Information