xfade7 is offline Member

Afternoon Jog instead of AM Walk?

since my time in the morning is very short and limited and i would rather not go to bed earlier to get up earlier and do a walk for 45minutes to 1 hour.. could i go for a jog at 3:00 pm with only the food in my stomach from lunch (12 pm).. increasing my heart rate and burning off the food in my stomach and such for energy first and then maybe slow the pace or something?

would this be efficient for afternoon cardio?

thanks
    xfade7

xenithon is offline Member
    If you want to do cardio in the afternoon it shouldn't be a problem at all. Just don't try go to too high intensity as you won't be EFFICIENTLY burning fat. IMO though if its in the afternoon try HIIT cardio - works fantastically.

X

xfade7 is offline Member
    HIIT?

xfade7

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Whether morning or afternoon, you are still burning calories. Is the percentage of where the calories come from different? Yes (slightly), but as long as you create an energy deficit and support your body the other hours of the day, morning or evening cardio will lead to your desired goals. The only thing about afternoon cardio is: don't let it interfer with your weight training.

xenithon is offline Member
    Woohoo! Hypertrophy I applaud you You are the only one I can recall (besides me) who doesn't have this trail of thought that ANY cardio NOT done first thing in the morning on an empty tank is USELESS. Sure, it may not be as efficient, but it is still going to work, provided the correct caloric deficit is achieved. But as you rightly pointed out - xfade7 just don't try and push in both a 30 minute run/jog AND weights as that may be counterproductive.

X

Thread Information