Thread: Supersetting?

brew035 is offline Associate Member

Supersetting?

Is this a good idea? Im training for mass & strength. Ive been working out for about a year 4 to 5 days a week. And just started supersetting alot. Alot I mean I supperset at least two sets for one muscle group. like ill do barbell benchpress then supperset with with dumbell benchpress and so forth.

thanks brew

xfade7 is offline Member
    I thought that usually with supersetting you'll do two different muscle groups or something.. like if you were doing leg extensions you superset to leg curls... not sure about this tho.. i like to get my rest in personally.

xfade7

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    the only back to back sets i do are for my traps, a weak point despite my strong deadlift. I do back to back upright rows and shrugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    I thought that usually with supersetting you'll do two different muscle groups or something.. like if you were doing leg extensions you superset to leg curls... not sure about this tho.. i like to get my rest in personally.

xfade7
    exactly what I was thinking

What your doing is not supersetting, but pre-exhaustion.
    Check out this workout, it's mostly all pre-exhaustion stuff like that, don't think it's good for mass, but check it out, pretty hard routine.

http://www.thepumpingstation.com/psychoworkout.html

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Man that is some funny ass **** there. Ive been LMAO. That ****ing work out is crazy. What do you think is the best thing for mass? Well **** ill search first if I dont find anything ill bump this tommorow. Thank for the Help bro's it much needed and appreciated.

brew

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    from that article: "Let's look at the bench press. Warm up. Get dumbbells that you would normally use for flat-bench dumbbell flys for me, that's about 40. Load the bench press with slightly more than warm up weight, for me about 150lbs."

yeah, with lifts like that this guy really knows what he's talking about

just goes to show you stupid overtraining won't get you where you want to be.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Not true about supersetting two different muscles. Supersetting can be any muscles either the SAME muscle or ANTAGONIST action. For example tri's then bi's have a antagonistic relationship, so does hams & quads ect. Increasing VO2 MAX and strength can be a result of supersets. Heck, many times I will do a triset and sometimes giant sets!

Thread Information