Thread: workout plan.

Paulywalnuts446 is offline Associate Member

workout plan.

ive been working out for about a year now, trying to bulk up and get cut, i work in construction everyday so i do work out my muscles alot this is my plan.

Monday Rest
    Tuesday Back/Abs
    Wednesday Shoulders/Triceps
    Thursday Legs/Cardio/
    Friday Chest/Biceps
    Saturday Rest
    Sunday ???

what do u guys think

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    IMPO i wouldnt put back the day b/f shoulders and tris their two major muscle groups and u wont be at 100% on ur shoulder tri day this is my current workout as of right now and it seems to be paying off quit well...
    mon-chest/tri (only 2ex. for tri mainly for thickness workouts closs grip bench and scull crushers)
    tue-legs
    wed-rest
    thur-shoulders/tris
    fri-rest
    sat-back/bis
    sun-rest

i do abs and calves everytime im in the gym so 4days a wk...

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I found the best results by taking a day to work out arms by themselves. I work bis first, then tris. Also, you can do abs more than once a week. Maybe EOD. I also do calves on the days I don't do abs, so pretty much EOD on those as well. That's just because it's a lagging bodypart, though.
    On Leg day, are you doing cardio after lifting? I def wouldn't do that. maybe 1st thing in the AM, then do legs later in the day.
    Recently I split up Quads and Hams into separate days, just not enough time to fit em both into the same workout, also I'm dead tired after quads and can't put 100% into hams. maybe you don't have that problem, though. Something to think about.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    Personally, I found the best results by taking a day to work out arms by themselves. I work bis first, then tris. Also, you can do abs more than once a week. Maybe EOD. I also do calves on the days I don't do abs, so pretty much EOD on those as well. That's just because it's a lagging bodypart, though.
    On Leg day, are you doing cardio after lifting? I def wouldn't do that. maybe 1st thing in the AM, then do legs later in the day.
    Recently I split up Quads and Hams into separate days, just not enough time to fit em both into the same workout, also I'm dead tired after quads and can't put 100% into hams. maybe you don't have that problem, though. Something to think about.
    i used to do arms all in one day but i didnt feel that i had a good workout so i split them up and if u were to do arms all in one day i would recomend doing tris first considering there more than 75% of ur arm...

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    IMPO i wouldnt put back the day b/f shoulders and tris their two major muscle groups and u wont be at 100% on ur shoulder tri day

i agree with justin

I agree with Justin, along the same lines, I wouldn't train tri's right before you train chest for the same reason.

Here's a good simple routine:

Mon - Chest/Tri's OR Chest/bi's
    Wed - Shoulders/Legs
    Fri - Back/bi's OR Back/tri's (depending on which muscles you decide to train together)

Thread Information