lethalppl is offline Associate Member

what u guys do when u come down with a cold.

i was wondering what u guys do when u come down with a cold. Do you still lift, take day off, or lighting up on the wieghts. Also i would like to know if this changes if u are on the gear or not.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Sick?

Well there are those who would say I bitch and whin like a baby but I still go to the gym just the same. That is unless I am running a really high fever, then I might consider giving myself a day off but that is about it.
    Tobey

defdaz is offline Associate Member

haha

LOL @ Tobey!

Moan and whinge sounds about right! I'll train depending on how severe the cold is and how I am feeling. If I feel sh*t then I won't bother.

def

Core is offline Junior Member
    I'm a real stubborn bastard so I lift no matter how I feel. I rarely miss a day unless its unavoidable.

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    I will lift always.... except when extremely sick or when I had giardia.

giardia you say (I think that is how you spell it) it is a parasite,.. I got it when I traveled to Bali. The more exercise you do the more it stirs up,... the more tired you become. It is a downward spiral. So when I got it I kept training and couldn't shake it. With all the Dr medicine and all. I took enough time to get over it and pumped my self with natural anti-parasitic remedies and herbs,.. and eventually I got over it. Really messed with my training.

IT IS NASTY,... and it REALLY FUCKS WITH YOUR DIGESTIVE SYSTEM. Stomach pains,cramps and bloating. I will not go in to any of the lovely other stuff.

PRAY YOU NEVER GET IT!

Oh yeah... filter your water.

lol,
    Nate
    Last edited by Nate_Dog; 03-29-2002 at 08:20 AM.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    You can almost always work through a cold but like Tobey said if you have a fever then that's an indication of an infection, and if your body is working hard to "destroy" the infection, then the extra toll of repairing muscle tissue can make you worse. I've always gone on an 80% rule when that's the case. If I feel at least 80% I train anyway, otherwise I nap during workout time.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i keep lifting, but i make sure i get enough sleep and keep the vitamin and glutamine intake high

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I have read depending on how sick you are, that it is not a good idea to lift and train on your sick days. Again depending on how sick you are and what type of sickness. The reason is you are tearing your muscle down, and your body has to work extra harder to repair them, therefore you immune system is using some of it's resources to heal your muscles not your sickness.
    I find that if I work out while I am sick, (like flu or some type of head cold) I ususally get worse. Normally with one good day of resting and relaxing I am back to feeling better in as little as a day. I'd say don't risk it, if you feel bad, rest rest rest.. don't jeapordize your self by making your body work harder in trying to repair itself.
    Okay ya'll flame me.. but just what i have read and have experienced.

ok maybe this is stupid question would matter if u are on steriods and get sick. I curious if that would make a difference. i have done any but will be soon so i planing ahead. So if u come down with something while joice does it effect u worse or better. Can u still workout if u don t will it matter as much.

Lardyass is offline Junior Member
    I always come down with flu when on the testo (last week or so) then i train through it.

Normally i try and get i few days off work by winging so much at work they send me home.

Then hit the gym and sleep the rest of the day.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I would agree with dumbells101. I came down with something real bad in February. I had a fever for four days straight. I felt horrible for another 5 days after the fever broke. There was no way I could lift anything. What was really terrible, was how weak I felt when I went to workout after I felt better. I must have lost a good 20% of my strength and about 12lbs.

If I had a minor cold then I would sure workout anyway, but if it feels like I got hit with a train then I'm statying in bed to let my immune system concentrate.

so test will make u sick? because that is what im thinking about taking first. Test 400 mg a week. for 10 weeks. for my first cycle with d-bol 35 mg a day ( split up 3 times a day) for frist 4 weeks. ( is that good first cycle) i worried about how it going to effect me. also injections going to be sweet because i got register nurse doing all the injection for me so that help too.

Thread Information