kid dynamite is offline New Member

good price on dumbells?

Now that I have a "grown up" job since graduating college 6 months ago I can only go to the gym at night which I hate because it gets way too crowded for me so I am thinking of just purchasing a bench and dumbells. I was at Costco and I saw a set of Ivanko rubber coated dumbells from 5lbs to 40lbs and a heavy duty three tier rack for $299... Is this a good price for the set???

Just suck it up and go to the gym. i had the same idea this year. in fact i bought everything, weights, dumbells, bench, squat rack, the works. I have seriously used it about 4 times, biggest waste of money ever. I had to join a gym anyway. it just doesn't work to lift at your house, well at least for me it doesn't. If you live near philadelphia by any chance let me know and I'll sell you everything I bought.

kid dynamite is offline New Member
    Well I used to work out at home and really didnt mind it. I actually get quite moody when I have to share weights and wait on others for a certain dumbell. Thats why I used to love going in the early afternoons after my early classes....

I would glady buy some of your equipment but I live down in Miami.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I love working out at home. I bought 3000lbs of dumbbells 5-120lb pairs. I got them at play it again sports, they were .39 a lb. Took about three different trips to accumulate them all but I will have, and use them into my old age.

Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    I love working out at home. I bought 3000lbs of dumbbells 5-120lb pairs. I got them at play it again sports, they were .39 a lb. Took about three different trips to accumulate them all but I will have, and use them into my old age.
    Play it again sports. Where is that located? That a helll of a price on DB's

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    http://www.playitagainsports.com/fra...torefinder.asp

Some stores will allow additional price breaks if you are buying in bulk.

Thread Information