Thread: Back or Bi's?

Beefkake31 is offline Member

Back or Bi's?

Ok guys I want to see what your opinions are. Me and my training partner do back and biceps the same day. We always do back first and then biceps. He is telling me we should switch it up sometimes. Now to me this is a good idea when it comes to stuff like doing incline chest first instead of flat once in a while. But when you do biceps first you really don't have enough strength to do back. Do you guys think he is right in switching it up everytime , doing back first then bi's , then the next time around doing bi's first and then back? Or is it better to always do back first (since it is such a huge body part and your biceps are so small) and then your biceps.

Please give me your thoughts on this.

I wouldn't switch it...

Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    I wouldn't switch it...
    Hey slug, can you explain why so my friend can see this thread. And I've always like your posts and insight on things, Thanks.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Don't switch it... you use bi's for your back workout but you don't use back for your bi workout... it just doesn't make sense to tire out your biceps so you get a $hitty back workout, when you can tire them out halfway during back and then finish them off with some direct bicep work.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Don't switch it... you use bi's for your back workout but you don't use back for your bi workout... it just doesn't make sense to tire out your biceps so you get a $hitty back workout, when you can tire them out halfway during back and then finish them off with some direct bicep work.
    Exactly.....that is exactly what I am trying to explain to him, he is seeing all this now, he just didn't want to think he was wrong in the manner.

It's also good to do back first, because it warms up your biceps to prevent any type of injury. I always get a great bi workout after I do back. And right on the money what AandF said, it simply doesn't make sense to do it the other way around.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    AandF has it right, back first....you don't want tired bi's when pulling deads (if you guys are doing deads) Big movements first is my rule. As well, rows and such have a direct corolation to biceps. Besides Bi's are small muscles and don't need much to work them good.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969

agreed.

plus, picture the size of your back compared to size of bicep. you should always do major body parts 1st.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    It's also good to do back first, because it warms up your biceps to prevent any type of injury.
    What he said

Back then Bi's. If he want's Bi's first, pick a separate day to work arms only

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I don't think bi's do much in deadlifts. I would do back and biceps enitrely separate (an arms day alone) if you could, mostly because forearms areso much in both. My forearms are not strong enough after either biceps or back to hit the other one well.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with doint he back before biceps but once in a while a like to add an extra day to my routine and blast the biceps one day and the back the next day, but thats just my way. You may prefer another

Thread Information