chinups Guest

post workout cardio

I hate running on the treadmill so what I do is post workout cardio, I would love to do am running like I use to be I wake up at 4:15 and that is early enough so I have to do post workout. I walk for 5 minutes then I sprint 1 mile, ideally what I would like to do is get up to about 3 miles or so but I know that will take a while so for now it is a 8 min mile or so. Basicly about 20 mins of cardio post workout about 8 mins high intentsity. What do you guys think? Will I burn enough fat??

chinups Guest
    PWO cardio?

blaise cendrars is offline New Member
    Try to run from 50% to 70% of your heart beat rate. You've got to calculate your frequency which is purely theoric: 220-age.
    If you're 30, you're supposed to have a maximum of 190 beats per minute...

This is theory only,i really don't think a 30 years old can reach that, he'd die before, lol.
    Your body prefers carbs when above 70%, when you're under, which is quite slow you'll see, it's fats that are mainly burn.
    Crystal?

Nice picture by the way.
    Kicks ass!

sprinting does is more of an anaerobic ex., which will raise your heart rate above the optimum level for lypolysis. tone down the pace and you'll use fat as you main energy substrate.

Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    sprinting does is more of an anaerobic ex., which will raise your heart rate above the optimum level for lypolysis. tone down the pace and you'll use fat as you main energy substrate.

Hey Hulkster, big man hey?
    Impressive too, really!

chinups Guest
    I need to burn 10-15 lbs fast and I figured sprinting was best way.

Hey Hulkster Big man HEY!!!! LOL reading that was funny as fook

Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    I need to burn 10-15 lbs fast and I figured sprinting was best way.

Hey Hulkster Big man HEY!!!! LOL reading that was funny as fook
    Why the hell?

chinups Guest
    Why the hell to the first part or the second part

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    i do 45min and keep it inbetween my heart rate levels that way i dont burn muscle

cardio should be broken up into a seperate w/o than your lift, mixing aerobic and ana. will not render as good results as if you would do them sep. but after a workout is a lot better than before. losing 10-15 lbs could be accomplished by doing HIT but you will be facing losing some muscle. but **** man if that is you in the avatar I don't see where you anything to lose.

chinups Guest
    Thats me in my avatar but I don't look that right now, bought a condo and rebuild it so most of my time when to that and my good old buddy mr heineken. Well I am back now and hitting it hard again, I have been doing the mile sprint after workouts and it seems to be coming back, I was at 200 lbs, in the picture I am about 187 so I want to get around there. When I accomplish that I will then start to do some other types of cardio

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    From what i have read pwo cardio is a bad idea. It send your body straight into a catabolic state and ceases muscle growth. Cardio can be done on your off days or split up in am and lift in Pm or best of all let your diet take take care of your body fat.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    From what i have read pwo cardio is a bad idea. It send your body straight into a catabolic state and ceases muscle growth. Cardio can be done on your off days or split up in am and lift in Pm or best of all let your diet take take care of your body fat.
    On the contrary i have read studies where PWO cardio is extremely benificial for acheiving a higher % of "fat burnage" due to the fact that after a high intensity anaerobic work out your depleted of glycogen, therefore you have only fat and protein to utilize as fuel which means if you can keep your HR moderately low then you will spare protein and get sexy post haste.

Also it shud not exceed 20 min or most likely you will miss your "Prime Time" to consume your post workout meal.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS.....

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    On the contrary i have read studies where PWO cardio is extremely benificial for acheiving a higher % of "fat burnage" due to the fact that after a high intensity anaerobic work out your depleted of glycogen.

RIGHT, BUT YOU HAVE JUST SENT AN ANABOLISM MESSAGE, AND THE CNS KNOWS THAT. DOING CARDIO ONLY CATAPULTS ONE INTO CATABOLISM. MORNING CARDIO IS DIFFERENT, AS YOU ARE DEPLETED, YES, BUT YOU ARE ALSO RESTED, NOT JUST HAVING DONE WEIGHTS. BELIEVE ME, I KNOW OF WHERE I SPEAK.

therefore you have only fat and protein to utilize as fuel which means if you can keep your HR moderately low then you will spare protein and get sexy post haste.

Nope, you'll actually enter a very catabolic state, shock the CNS, and miss the window of opportunity where you should be RESTING and EATING to get recovery going.

Periods of anabolism and lipolysis should ALWAYS be split for maximum results in each regard.

Everyone will do as they wish, of course, but I must offer up what I know to work and work very, very well.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Nope, you'll actually enter a very catabolic state, shock the CNS, and miss the window of opportunity where you should be RESTING and EATING to get recovery going.
    Very nice, i did not know this. Ty for info.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    CAPS.....

Periods of anabolism and lipolysis should ALWAYS be split for maximum results in each regard.

Everyone will do as they wish, of course, but I must offer up what I know to work and work very, very well.

~SC~

Is it alright if i run in the morning of my day off,before breakfast, which is only a night time from my last work out?!

Should i defenitely do my cardio on the days i don't push weight, this would imply my muscles won't have any more than 24hours rest?

I do pwo cardio, have a complete day off and restart again on the third day but feel kind of exausted at the moment and i guess you're right.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blaise cendrars
    Is it alright if i run in the morning of my day off,before breakfast, which is only a night time from my last work out?!
    I would watch running, simply because you don't wish for your heart rate to rise above the recommended 65-75% MHR for fasted state morning cardio.

Should i defenitely do my cardio on the days i don't push weight, this would imply my muscles won't have any more than 24hours rest?
    I'm cutting right now and doing cardio ed. Aerobic activity does not deplete muscle glycogen, so it doesn't effect or cut into your recovery time.

Aerobic activity does not deplete muscle glycogen

I didn't know that, why not? When running you do use muscles, therefore there ought to be a glycogen lost, right?

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    If you don't like a treadmill, try to get into a pickup basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwacity
    I would watch running, simply because you don't wish for your heart rate to rise above the recommended 65-75% MHR for fasted state morning cardio.

I'm cutting right now and doing cardio ed. Aerobic activity does not deplete muscle glycogen, so it doesn't effect or cut into your recovery time.

That's with the aerobic/anaerobic definition problem i have.
    I really can't get it through really!

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    is it ok to use one of those stationary bicycles instead of jogging ? or maybe jogging first then bicycle?

chinups Guest
    Well I just jumped on ECA so fat burning will come a bit easier for me now but its real hard to do what I know is right, non workout days do am cardio. But I wake up 4:00 am every weekday so am cardio is almost out. Now do I suck it up and hit the gym on non workout days and do cardio becuase it seems like the only answer. I been runing the mile thing for like two weeks now and I don't seem to be losing weight at all but I can tell you that the fat is going bye bye and I am not losing muslc, as far as I can tell. Diet is still shaky but that starts in abot a week or two, I tend to come back slowly because I like to shock the body in the beginning but when my diet goes full blast I should be right on track, currently dieting at 60-70% which means cheating alot

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by blaise cendrars
    Aerobic activity does not deplete muscle glycogen

I didn't know that, why not? When running you do use muscles, therefore there ought to be a glycogen lost, right?
    Why are you running if your goal is to lose fat?

You just burn glycogen/muscle if you do this on E.

Not ideal at all.

~SC~

What do you advice?

Thread Information