Thread: Cardio training

Distorted1987 is offline New Member

Cardio training

I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio on tuesdays and thursdays then abdominal training....Usually on weight training days i run/jog for 10 minutes before i lift and 5 minutes immediately after im done. I've been losing lots of weight, but it doesn't seem to be fat. Someone said that doing 10 minutes of running/jogging and 5 minutes after causes me to go catabolic? Help please.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    You problem could be your diet or the intensity of your cardio. A warm-up and a 5 minute post-workout jog will not cause you to lose "lots of weight." What intensity are you doing your cardio at? What is your diet look like?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    You problem could be your diet or the intensity of your cardio. A warm-up and a 5 minute post-workout jog will not cause you to lose "lots of weight." What intensity are you doing your cardio at? What is your diet look like?
    aye, He's onto it! and since i have no life i will elaborate! if your doing cardio to get lean it shud be done MINIMUM of 3x a week but thats MINIMUM IMO which is law

Also a note on warming up it is better to listen to your body rather than the clock. try to feel out your core temp and when you JUST START to prespire slightly it means your almost redy: for me i hit this stage at about a HR 140BPM on a stationary bike gradually increasing difficulty. takes ~5-7min.

i rec 5-6 a week mornin empty stomache w/ LOW MHR% like 55-65%

Example: For me to have that HR i have to Jog a 13Min Mile or there abouts. and i can drop fat fairly rapidly aprox 1-1.5lbs a week w/ a moderatly strict diet and still retain 99.998436427642456634% MuscleMass, well thus far anyways and i like to blabber on and on just because i like attention though i really know nothing of anything and i just copy and paste everything i find on the net

Distorted1987 is offline New Member
    My Diet

- Breakfast
    3 scrambled eggs
    1 Glass of ON's Protein whey mixed with 8 oz. milk

-Lunch
    2 chicken sandwiches
    16 oz. of milk

-Pre-workout
    1 glass of ON's Protein whey mixed with 12 oz. milk

-Post workout
    1 Glass of ON's Protein whey mixed with 12 oz. milk

-Dinner
    usually high carb+protein meals such as Noodles and Chicken or Noodles and beef
    sometimes with a side of salad
    2-3 glass of water

-Second Dinner
    Same as first dinner

My cardio intesity varies - Since I dont do it for long on lifting days, I usually go at almost a sprint

Thread Information