newbrew is offline Senior Member

Is this a good cardio routine?

I am doing a 12 week cycle of test E and the last 6 with winstrol . my goals are to gain only 10 pounds or so of lean muscle and not too much fat.

My cardio is everyday and is the following:
    20min elyptical - 55RPM - Ends up being roughly 1.5 miles or something
    20min treadmill - 5-6mph (10minute mile pace)
    20min stairmachine - use fatloss workout at about intensity 7-9 (this is machine specific so it probably means nothing to you)

I also do a pretty intense hill climb 2-3x a week

Just looking for advice on what I should/shouldnt do with a cardio routine, thanks

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    What time of the day are you doing this extreme workout?

whitehulk is offline Banned
    i jstu hit the stationary bike for 45 min in the morning and do abs eod after the bike. i would only do cardio 3 days a week while jsut on the test, and up it to 5 days a week once you start running the winny. no since burinnig calories running that you need to recover from your workouts while on test only.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    I am doing a 12 week cycle of test E and the last 6 with winstrol . my goals are to gain only 10 pounds or so of lean muscle and not too much fat.

20min treadmill - 5-6mph (10minute mile pace)
    20min stairmachine - use fatloss workout at about intensity 7-9 (this is machine specific so it probably means nothing to you)

I also do a pretty intense hill climb 2-3x a week

Just looking for advice on what I should/shouldnt do with a cardio routine, thanks

cardio looks good.

i used to use stairmachine on 7-9during wrestling season. that sh*t is great

Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    What time of the day are you doing this extreme workout?
    I do it at about 8:00am before I lift. I do about an hour and half of lifting focusing on 2 muscle groups

Right before you lift?

Right before you lift?
    yes, cardio for 45mins-1hour, take a little break, then start my lift routine

http://forums.anabolicreview/sh...ad.php?t=143608
    http://forums.anabolicreview/sh...ad.php?t=145057

Check these threads out and you will see why that is not a good idea.

http://forums.anabolicreview/sh...ad.php?t=143608
    http://forums.anabolicreview/sh...ad.php?t=145057

Check these threads out and you will see why that is not a good idea.
    those links arent working...its going directly to the shortend URL

ive heard that this isnt the ideal way to do things, but my schedule really leaves me with no other options at the moment. During the summer I will be able to fit my workouts in towards the evening. Right now its all or nothing in the morning

What is your goal for doing cardio? Fat loss or is it just aerobic?

What is your goal for doing cardio? Fat loss or is it just aerobic?
    just keeping fat off. also building cardio strength, as its one of my weaker points

See the thing about doing cardio first is it cuts in to your training. I would say get your diet straight and cut out the cardio all together.JMO.

Those links I tried to give you are in another cardio thread its not to far down. Just got posted the other day. Read that stuff. Let us know what you r going to do.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member

i can only tell you on the elliptical its not how many rpm or miles you do its how the intensity is. how high you keep your target heart rate that will determine if you are getting anything out of it. I used to do the elipptical only for 45- 1hr and i gained 10 lbs lean muscle and cut 9% body fat in 6 weeks. I used to sprint at like 75+rpm to get my target HR up to 85%+ then i would maintain 70- 75+ target HR and sprint for like 1 minute every 5 minutes or so. also, make sure you use as much resistance as possible. if you are using momentum on it to spin the rpms up to 55 or whatever you arent getting much out of it.

thanks for the replies.

Also, my goals have somewhat changed. I actally switched my more towards a cutting diet. I have now decided it would be best to stay at my current weight and cut fat. I want to get as lean as possible before I decide to bulk. From thr advice of some others, they suggest that it may be easier to cut it now (I am around 13-14%) than bulking up, adding more fat, then trying to cut. I would be happy, for the time being, at 185 pounds and closer to 10% or less.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the replies.

Also, my goals have somewhat changed. I actally switched my more towards a cutting diet. I have now decided it would be best to stay at my current weight and cut fat. I want to get as lean as possible before I decide to bulk. From thr advice of some others, they suggest that it may be easier to cut it now (I am around 13-14%) than bulking up, adding more fat, then trying to cut. I would be happy, for the time being, at 185 pounds and closer to 10% or less.
    from what i have read cutting before bulk is not the way to go. your going to bulk after and have to cut again. you dont necessarily have to add fat to bulk up. I bulked and stayed at my same BF % as i put on more lean muscle.

Thread Information