Thread: Cardio Question

YoungGuns20 is offline Junior Member

Cardio Question

Hey guys, Im looking to hit a new powerlifting routine out to put on some mass. I have heard everyone should do cardio if even if they want to gain mass. Can someone steer me in the direction I need to go? How much and how often if need be? Thanks guys

Always in the AM on an empty stomach 45-60 mins. Make time for it. I get up at 4:30 to make it work.

xenithon is offline Member
    I don't think it neccessary to do AM cardio for an hour, especially if you are looking to put on mass, and especially if you are into PL. Cardio in the afternoon or other time of day (non fasted) for 45-60 minutes is more than good enough. Just separate it from workouts (6-8hrs separation) and preferably have a good 2hrs or more after your last meal before doing the cardio.

20 min's a day 4 days a week with 16 min's of 65-85% of your max heart rate. This will help keep the fat percentage down when bulking.

Ybear is offline Junior Member
    eh i would cut the days down the more cardio you do the harder it is on your body esecially when trying to put mass on . do more cardio when your cutting up. check the forums there is some great info out there

challenge me and i will succeed.

Thread Information