Thread: Shoulder Pain

GUARDIAN is offline New Member

Shoulder Pain

Just curious on how many of you are working threw shoulder pain and what you do to help with the pain.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I have shoulder pain when I do barbell overhead presses and incline barbell presses. I've found if I use dumbells instead I have no pain. If I do any exercise and it causes me pain I find an alternative exercise to do instead.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I'm going through alot with my RT shoulder and my head/neck right now from junior football last year (had Rt shoulder reconstructed June 2001) and I just try to find alrenate exercises that cause the least amount of pain, but still work me to my limits. I also take Vioxx occasionally to limit inflamation of the shoulder joint

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    warm up like a motha! I do internal and external rotations with one of those rubber tubes for about 2 mins. Also I move my shoulders through all their movements (up, down, around, back, etc...) Also I'm carefull as hell on the descent of every rep, I did incline dumbells when I was young and fucked my rotator cuff. I went down way too fast, a mistake I won't make again....

firedup is offline Junior Member
    I have major shoulder pain in my rt shoulder and flat DB presses even cause pain. warm ups and an ALEVE 30 minutes before i train usually help.

firedup is offline Junior Member
    One more thing, TIGER BALM is great stuff.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Does anyone NOT have shoulder pain? I thought it came with the territory. I've been using Flexall 454 when I go to bed and it's helping but I stink like a mutha in the morning.

thespiritofaman is offline Junior Member

Ouch

MY right RT just healed last month and on monday I messed up my left one with a 1/4 tear, doing barbbell presses with 245 on. It hurt like a bitch. It poped. Went to doc and did mri...Said to lay off for 4-6 weeks. Yeh right. He gave me some anti-inflamatory pills and I through in a Deca shoot in the shoulder.

I won't do shoulders for 2 weeks and doing chest and everything else hurts a little. Just warm up before you do any exercise. Lay off the heavy shoulders for now till the pain goes away. My boy also just had surgery on his RT... It started like mine and he kept on going heavy and ended up with a 3/4's tear. Be careful.

Spirit

Thread Information