Thread: 4 way split EOD

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member

4 way split EOD

What do you guys think of working out every other day doing a 4 way split and doing cardio on the off days eod?

BTW, I am 44 years old and have been traininig for 30 years. I train hard and heavy most of the time.

I have been doing weights 4 to 5 times per week and then cardio later that day 4 to 5 times a week. I am feeling a little tired and not making much progress other than loosing fat.
    Thanks guys!!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    sounds fine to me.

goodluck mate!

thanks bro

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    you might wanna try and arrange it so you dont go to gym on weekends. i like the rest and usually have other stuff to do.

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    do you ever hit the cardio early in the day then the weights later (like 6-8 hours later after you've gotten some good meals in you). I'm trying that, early morning cardio first because I feel my intensity for the weights is much higher later in the day than early morning... just a thought. but your plan sounds pretty solid

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    If you're doing the cardio for fat burning purposes... its much better to do it on an empty stomach in the AM like MikeyZ23 said. If you do it later when there's food in your digestive tract, not only does the food get burned before fat burning starts, but that food isn't used to repair muscle... kinda like skipping a meal IMO, bad for muscle metabolism.

Hi guys thanks for your input.
    The way I am training now is:
    Mon. Chest & abs
    Tues. quads & calves
    wed. back & hams
    Thurs. shoulders & abs
    Fri. arms

Mon-fri cardio in the PM.

I have tried the cardio both in the am and in the pm.. i like am cardio better but doing it this way works better with my schedule. I lift at 5:30 am and it is easier to get on equipment. (I have been training in the am for 20 years) then if the gym is crowded in the pm I can always find a piece of cardio or I can do cardio at home.

I really appreciate your input, I may try to switch things around in the future, it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. :-) I was thinking about the eod training but when I got to the weekend I realized I didn't like it.

Thanks bro's

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    At age 44 it may take a bit more to recovery then 20 years ago. Sounds like you are wishing to add a bit more muscle so if that is true then drop the cardio altogether and pump iron for 4 days. See how that goes. If you like 5 days a week you can hit one muscle group and really blast it.

Thanks Bluethunder! I agree with you 100%. Us old guys need a little more rest!

Thread Information