Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member

Lost Motivation to workout

Lately, my workouts have become lethargic and without maximum intensity. I just don't look forward to going to the gym as I used to. Actually, this has plagued me for at least 6 months or so. I just don't get it. After a good workout I would feel spent, but feel good! Now it's like going through the motions. Maybe I need to drastically change my routine?

Or take a break!

yooo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    Or take a break!
    No way! work through it, you'll be glad you did.

It's almost like a "practice" hardship in your life, u get through it and ull feel a lot better than u would have if u took a break...

get that feelin back, watch pumpin iron, or some other pumped up movie and listen to some good music... go to the mall and look at out of shape people..

do what u gotta do to get back in it, but dont take too much time off...

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Or take a break!
    Definetly work through it bro. Change your routine up a bit and try new things. I know excatly what you are going through as I went through the same thing however i took a break and it broke me!!! I took about a month or so off and the gym was nowhere in my sights!!! I gained so much fat back.....so do NOT take a break.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Lately, my workouts have become lethargic and without maximum intensity. I just don't look forward to going to the gym as I used to. Actually, this has plagued me for at least 6 months or so. I just don't get it. After a good workout I would feel spent, but feel good! Now it's like going through the motions. Maybe I need to drastically change my routine?
    That sounds like a good idea. What r u doin now?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Maybe a break is exactly what he needs....

Have you taken a week or two off in the past few months? If not, overtraining could be the culprit. I wouldn't take more than 2 weeks off though.

Why didnt you say you was on gear? I just caught your post on the other forum.

As usual....want advice, give half the story.

By the way, anyone that has trained intensely for a period of time KNOWS that sometimes giving yourself a break is the BEST thing you can do. You rest your body, and your mind and can start back with more energy and intensity. I know I don't know jack from my 24 years of lifting tho....

Train Hard

I dont know why he did that. It would have made it easier to answer his question.

As usual....want advice, give half the story.

By the way, anyone that has trained intensely for a period of time KNOWS that sometimes giving yourself a break is the BEST thing you can do. You rest your body, and your mind and can start back with more energy and intensity. I know I don't know jack from my 24 years of lifting tho....

Train Hard
    I agree and respect ur training experience, HOWEVER...

It was just brought to attention that he is mid-cycle..a break is about as good as alcohol on cycle, ya know?

JMO

I KNOW! That's why I responded about getting half the story. Being ON obviously changes things. The real answer when your on is "man up, change up, fire up".

Crap info in, crap info out.......frustratin, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by yooo
    I agree and respect ur training experience, HOWEVER...

It was just brought to attention that he is mid-cycle..a break is about as good as alcohol on cycle, ya know?

JMO
    Yea but he did not tell anyone that in here. Then he goes to the other forum asking about his cycle. Doesnt even mention to them that he is tired of workingout, ya know.

No, i am currently not on a cycle. If you reread my post it said "talking" not "taking"( i should have added the word "about" after it). Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am currently on the max-ot program. As far as a break goes, I don't think that will help either as I caught a few crappy colds throughout the winter that prevented me from working out.

In the past I've sometimes lost motivation, but this time there's something different that I just can't put a finger on it. It sucks!!!

GQplaya is offline Associate Member
    bro i feel the same way right now and it sucks, i have onlhy felt this way for a few days tho. im not sure what it is, it might be some sort of flu cause i have just lost all types of energy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.

Period.

~SC~

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    No, i am currently not on a cycle. If you reread my post it said "talking" not "taking"( i should have added the word "about" after it). Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am currently on the max-ot program. As far as a break goes, I don't think that will help either as I caught a few crappy colds throughout the winter that prevented me from working out.

In the past I've sometimes lost motivation, but this time there's something different that I just can't put a finger on it. It sucks!!!
    Maybe depression? Theres always a chance for that, have you been unmotivated in other areas as well?

Remember good Kinky sex will always re-charge your batteries.

Be careful arond here tho. These guys will try and tell you to sleep on your stomach with your boxers on backwards! Then they'll want your address!!

If all else fails, have a chuckle and be happy your on the proper side of the grass!

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    music gets me pumped and wanta kick some ass

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    change the music you listen to and your training partner.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Taking a break isn't a bad idea. If I take more than a week off I notice changes, and don't feel as big. That always makes me want to go back, try it and see.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.

Period.

~SC~
    Well put SC... Regardless of what people see in those who lift weights, there is a huge mental part involved.

If im a meathead, then desire smells like a t-bone

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    breaks are good to get your focus back.

get yours

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll conjure up a significantly different workout program that incorporates different excercises, reps, and sets. I think i've always been afraid to change my routine. change is good sometimes

delroid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yooo
    Well put SC... Regardless of what people see in those who lift weights, there is a huge mental part involved.

If im a meathead, then desire smells like a t-bone

tou-che

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    fight through it bro.....get that motivation back you seek. usually when i lose motivation i watch rocky 3 or 4............or pumping iron or something of that sort...that definately gets me going

goto a bodybuilding comp. and see all the girls these guys get, or just look at people bigger than you and get pissed off that you're not that big yet...sounds stupid but it works for me.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I took a break over the christmass period because i knew for a fact that i would be drunk most weekends and over the newyear and just basicaly do loads more drinking than usual. But by the time 2nd of Jan. had arrived i felt a hell of a lot smaller and was in the gym whilst most my pals were ill from the exess alcohol. The break made a big difference though, i came back at it harder and more determined.

So I cant really answer your question but if taking a break feels right for you then just do it, if not get ur a55 back in the gym and kick ur own but for feeling this way

Hollisxrbc is offline New Member
    I went through that. Going to the gym because mentally I had to, but not having the energy nor motivation. Even with good ol' ephedra, it didnt give me the motivation to the workouts I needed to do. So I changed gyms. I was training at the Gold's in my town, and I kept my membership, but payed a month at this small 24-hour private gym. It was like a"dungeon" gym. Very motivating for a change. I dont know if there is any other gyms in your area, but if so, check it out. The month change did alot for me.

Thread Information