Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deadlifts are making me huge!

Well, that and the 700mg of test a week! I love deadlifts. I hit 3 plates for 3 reps last monday. They are making me huge! Do these build your abs as well? Because my abs look better, and I havn't really been doing crunches at all.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish i could do dealdlifts right now, I always have to stop them when Im on Dbol , the pump is too intense.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Abs are somewhat involved in almost every movement that you will make in the gym, but not enough to make any significant gains. Maybe you have shed some bodyfat. I agree about the deadlifts. Deadlifts have worked wonders for me as well.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    I fukin hurt my back doin em 3 weeks ago and havent done them since then.... and its killing me!!!!!!

If this massage doesnt fix me I might go insanse. I need to lift some poundage

fabry is offline Senior Member
    deadlifts make your legs work too, right?
    how many days do i have to wait before doin legs?
    is something like this a good idea?
    tue: back (with deads)
    fri: legs (with squats or leg press=

thanks

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Depends on ones recovery time.....I try and place a day between Back and leg routines but most times I do them back to back. And then again I hit one muscle group per week so I feel it gets plenty of recovery.

I love deads....pulled 380 for four last week.

decadbal is offline Banned
    tiz a great thing my man....

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    ever since ive hit heavy deads, my traps and the back of my legs have been growing..gotta luv them!

Act of God is offline Member
    I love doing deads, but I lost my straps and I can't do them without straps! I'll tell you one thing, that exercise kicks the **** out of me, I am completely done after hittin deads hard

captain anabolic is offline Junior Member
    Yes, they are a great exercise, just make sure to always have perfect form, if you do not they will break you. I do deadlifts on leg day and I make sure to not work legs again till I recovery, usually 4 -5 days. Also, for all those using straps, FYI do not use them until your hands / wrists cannot hold the weight anymore. This way you will build freaky forearms/wrist and hands. My DL-315x10 405x4. Keep liftin hard and be careful of form.

Take Care,
    Captain Anabolic

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i dread them but love them at the same time ... Hurts so good!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Some of the better bicep growth I'd experienced (they're still pathetic) came when I dropped virtually all curling movements (i was doing maybe one set a week) and hit deadlifts with an absolute ferocity. Forcing your arms to somehow be involved in the moving of 300-500 pounds just seems to "wake them up" in a way dumbbell curls etc never will be able duplicate.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Any tips on how to perfect the form??

I notice if I go to heavy, my legs go up but the weight barely moves up, and then Im using all back to get the weight up the rest of the way up. My legs start straightening but the weight isnt moving much so I end up having my back parallel to the ground...A definite no no...

Sorken is offline Member
    Dead lift kill men !

se11 is offline Associate Member
    this is a dumb question, but what exactley are deadlifts? im new to this as some of you know =(

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    this is a dumb question, but what exactley are deadlifts? im new to this as some of you know =(
    This should help:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/casi4.htm

READ IT ALL OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE ME!!!! Lower back pain that requires Deep Cold every 2 hours!!!!! I need a massage bad

I don't know what it is about them, but it seems like since I have been doing them, my shoulders, arms , abs, and definatly the lats, have been getting huge! Its not even funny! I don't use straps at all for deads, not once! I hit 315 for 3 reps the other day!

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrantred94gt
    I don't know what it is about them, but it seems like since I have been doing them, my shoulders, arms , abs, and definatly the lats, have been getting huge! Its not even funny! I don't use straps at all for deads, not once! I hit 315 for 3 reps the other day!
    Dont we all wish we had your problem.....

How are u doing them? Stiff? bent?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Try doing trap bar deadlifts for variety. You may just find that you like them better.

425x16 @ 179lbs on 03/28/04. Shiits getting sick in my gym!!!

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    How low are you suppose to go? iusually lower the bar to my mid-shin level before going back to the starting position or should i lower till the weights touch the floor?

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    Any tips on how to perfect the form??

I notice if I go to heavy, my legs go up but the weight barely moves up, and then Im using all back to get the weight up the rest of the way up. My legs start straightening but the weight isnt moving much so I end up having my back parallel to the ground...A definite no no...

Using something solid that is about 2 inches(or more) off of the ground to deadlift off of has done wonders for my form. I'm primary a powerlifter,but i seriously would recommend them to anyone. I used to use my back to deadlift, but when you get up in the numbers it's extremely dangerous. By using this method I've found that my legs do most of the work and my back pulls but guides the bar up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    How low are you suppose to go? iusually lower the bar to my mid-shin level before going back to the starting position or should i lower till the weights touch the floor?

Spoon

I always touch the floor with the weights. And I sometimes shrug at the top, and I always make sure and stand up straight and roll my shoulders back at the top. When I emphasize that, my back is sore the next day.

I do regular deads, no straight leg sh*t. I love them, I am headed to the gym right now to do them!

captain anabolic is offline Junior Member
    To all dead Lifters,
    1. When the weigt gets heavy use an alternating grip.
    2. After each and every rep plates must be resting on floor, regroup and pull.
    3. keep head up
    4. chest out and locked, abs tight, buttocks squeaze
    5. lock out at top
    6.return weight under control to start positon.

Keep good form, or you will be sorrry

Happy Liftin'

Captain Anabolic

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captain anabolic
    Keep good form, or you will be sorrry
    Some information I could have used 3 weeks ago..... OOOOOOWWWW

Johnny Boy is offline Associate Member
    Can you elaborate goodtobeapimp on lifting off from something solid? Also, I am pretty tall (6'2"), and have a long torso. I find it very difficult to keep my back from rounding. I don't use very heavy weights for that reason. Any suggestions bros? Hopefully I am not hijacking this thread.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrantred94gt
    They don't do **** for my lats, but I do have a nice thick striated lower back from them tho

Latimus is offline Banned
    the 700mg prob has something to say about that...

i like deads on leg day...i think they are more for your legs then back really..anyone else agree? i feel it in my lower back...thats for sure...but the power my legs are doing...its crazy...also, i find with deads adding that little bit extra weight is a lot harder to do then anything else...

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    If anything, I'd rather have the bar/weight higher...Because Im scared of getting a blown lower back from bad form, Ive gone on to rack deads and its so much easier because I start up higher....Although Ive made the mistake of too much weight on rack/partial deads and made the lower back sore...

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Using something solid that is about 2 inches(or more) off of the ground to deadlift off of has done wonders for my form. I'm primary a powerlifter,but i seriously would recommend them to anyone. I used to use my back to deadlift, but when you get up in the numbers it's extremely dangerous. By using this method I've found that my legs do most of the work and my back pulls but guides the bar up.

IronAdam is offline Member
    They work my back and legs great too. I love 'em. As for stiff leg deal lifts. They are supposed to target your hams and lower back. They are very different from regular deads in how they are done and what they work. I do both in my routine squats also. But they are all done on different days.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    give this article a good read if you are serious about deadlifting

http://www.testosterone.net/articles/194dead.html

sensaispike is offline Member
    deadlifts here i come....

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy
    Can you elaborate goodtobeapimp on lifting off from something solid? Also, I am pretty tall (6'2"), and have a long torso. I find it very difficult to keep my back from rounding. I don't use very heavy weights for that reason. Any suggestions bros? Hopefully I am not hijacking this thread.
    I am also 6'2'' the trick is to start with you but low like under you knees slightly. Then look straight up with your chest out thats how I do them, and have had no injury just gains. I pull 405 for 8 no straps just chaulk

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I love doin me some deads... but I do them on leg day... gives my traps an extra days pump

My traps are getting huge, and my whole frame is getting big. Ya the 700 is helping a great deal, but so are the deads, I can feel them working. I got sick this week so I couldn't do them on Monday, which is fine, because I was hitting them pretty hard.

As far as starting out on a rack, I tried that and ****ed my lower back up that way. I start from the floor and do a couple of ghost movements to get the form good and then grab the bar, stop and slowly pull up, focusing on useing my legs and upper body. I always use alternating grip and never ever use straps. My forearms are getting big as well and I now have veins on the top of my wrists. That could also be from the prop!

sensaispike is offline Member
    i just did my first dead lift/set of dead lifts. yester day, it was back day and i read this thread...let me say this i am now commited to the deads...this is the first time in a long time that i have fealt sore after a back workout..............Dead lifts rule..

L8ter

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    "he saw deadlifts were good, and said let there be deadlifts"

Quote Originally Posted by χαίνω
    "he saw deadlifts were good, and said let there be deadlifts"

LOL!!

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    i love to hear people enjoying the deadlift......however you should see the form these kids got at the gym....these little taint sniffs are going to hurt themselves

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Deadlifts rule!!!

BULKING_N is offline Junior Member
    Agreed 101 %. Deads are the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information