Aggression is offline Member

Anyone ever do standing cable curls?

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    My assumption is that most people dont do them because with a barbell you get a wider range of movement

Iowa is offline Banned
    ill do hammers with a rope sometimes, but not too often.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I do them all the time and they work great. Used to use a barbell but kept hurting my wrists or elbows.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    nope. I usually train some of my female clients on them but thats about it.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, I like cables and when I do that I do the whole stack plus 2 mini plates and I am no female! I also do them on the incline, single arm, rope hammers. Hell, I see many who use the free weight bar doing them and they are bobbing and weaving with arms going forward and body all over the place heaving up too much poundages.(I am not talking about cheating princible but bad form) Maybe these type may benefit from cable curls!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Hell, I see many who use the free weight bar doing them and they are bobbing and weaving with arms going forward and body all over the place heaving up too much poundages.(I am not talking about cheating princible but bad form) Maybe these type may benefit from cable curls!
    Kinda like the guy in the video. You need to keep your elbows pinned to your side as if they were screwed there. His elbows are moving back during the start of the curl, and he has tremendous shoulder flexion at the end of his movement.

singern is offline Banned
    Its a staple for me, I always finish off a bi routine with these. Do them until failure with lighter weight, and good form. The pumps I get from these are phenomenal.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    It seems like there's always some skinny fukker doing 50 lb. cable curls when I need to use the pulleys. Pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Kinda like the guy in the video. You need to keep your elbows pinned to your side as if they were screwed there. His elbows are moving back during the start of the curl, and he has tremendous shoulder flexion at the end of his movement.
    Yes, I saw that and it's true. I dont like some of that sites exercise examples and have made critizing comments before.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Its a staple for me, I always finish off a bi routine with these. Do them until failure with lighter weight, and good form. The pumps I get from these are phenomenal.

there ya go..

what's great with these, is you can lift with a weight that isn't embarassing to be lifting.. when you max out..

lower the pin with no rest, and do as many as you can..

then lower the weight... keep going till you can't hardly do the 25 lbs for 4..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    I do that for a set of 12 as fast as i can get done with them only seated wrist are getting much better and since about the same weight intensity Db for the moment i dont see a problem with it.

3 sets on Dbs and i have way more to give than im getting. Ill be doing these for a while longer see how it plays out.

Anyone ever do these:
    Theres a huge differance in how uncontolled his lifts are in that pic is why im doing them seated.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I do one set of 15-20 for a warmup before barbell curls. Other than that, I think they are crap.

Hollisxrbc is offline New Member
    I use the cables SOMETIMES for one arm curls, because I can get that good twist for the peaks, but not as a main exercise. And for me, the cable barbells arent worth the time, when you have the freeweight barbell curls that are 200% better IMO. If you can get past the ego part, youll gain better in the long run. On the cables I can load it with the pin at the bottom, or go to the rack and throw on a quarter on each side. THe ladder isnt as impressive in the gym but in the long run it'll cause better gains. And thats not to say that Cable barbell curls dont help some people, but for me and anyone ive trained with, thats for the birds.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    yes i do them sometimes if im bored. Not a thing im going to include in my workout. But its fun to do here and there just for some change in the workout. But I do them single handed. First i kneel down with one knee on the ground, then i stabalize my elbow on my other knee, and then do them like 3 seconds down and 2 seconds up.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I do them. I like them. That is usually my first set on arm day, then I go to hammer curls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I do them. I like them. That is usually my first set on arm day, then I go to hammer curls.
    Welcome back.

hugesunglasses is offline New Member
    i like 'em for warmups especially because there's still tension at the top of the movement.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I like them as well, mainly for the reasons stated above.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    It seems like there's always some skinny fukker doing 50 lb. cable curls when I need to use the pulleys. Pisses me off.

always pisses me off!

Thread Information